PROGRAM NAME: Adoptions
GRADE: C 20
OBJECTIVE: To identify and assess client and family
needs of minors placed in care by DCF due to abuse or
neglect by caretakers, with the ultimate goal of
permanency. To evaluate, coordinate and ensure necessary
services and/or treatment are provided; complete
required assessments; assist individuals and families by
using such activities as delineating alternatives,
helping to articulate goals and providing needed
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS MAY INCLUDE:
-Conduct child safety assessments.
-Assess client needs and develop service plans.
-Coordinate the delivery of services, plan referrals and
linkages to clients and families.
-Monitor service plan progress and evaluates reports
from multiple service providers.
-Develop and maintain case and program documentation
according to contract and CHS standards (assessments,
treatment/service plans, progress notes, termination
-Prepare case/status reports and make recommendations/
testify at courts or other prescribed body regarding
reunification, termination of parental rights or other
-Conduct diligent searches as required by dependency
-Coordinate services with other professionals and
-Conduct community outreach as needed.
-Provide specialized services that may include
detainment, interstate compact, post placement
supervision, relative/non-relative caregiver home
studies, court testimony, termination of parental rights
and judicial review staffing.
-Provide support to children, caregivers and family
members to assure stable placement and timely
achievement of permanency. Assist family/caregivers in
accessing subsidy, medical coverage and other needed
services for children.
-Coordinate cases with supervisor, team members,
providers, DCF and attorneys as needed.
-Facilitate placement and independent living.
-May remove and place children.
-May facilitate mediation staffing for reunification,
TPR and detainment.
-Arrange or provide transportation of clients when
-Arrange for drug/alcohol screens as necessary.
-Provide on call support as required or scheduled.
-Participate in the Quality Improvement process
This list of essential functions is not intended to be
exhaustive. Children's Home Society of Florida reserves
the right to revise this job description as needed to
comply with actual job requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS: All degrees must be from an accredited
- Bachelor's Degree in a Human Services related field
- Possess State of Florida Child Protection
- Completion of the CHS Dependency Experience Waiver
learning path unless the employee possesses one of the
- Florida Driver's License within 30 days from hire
- Master's degree in Social Work
- Two years experience working with at risk children and
- Excellent assessment skills and intervention
- Ability to perform at a high level of autonomy or with
- Ability to observe and report accurately on the
functioning of individuals & families
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Awareness of social, economic, cultural and
environmental factors in the resolution of family and
- Ability to travel and make home visits
- Ability to set appropriate limits and boundaries with
- Knowledge of community resources
- Ability to work flexible hours as required
- Ability to act decisively when necessary to protect
- Ability to identify and understand environmental
- Ability to learn computer skills sufficient to perform
all essential functions
NEEDED: sitting, reaching, driving
PREFERRED: standing, walking, lifting, carrying,
kneeling, pushing/pulling, bending/stooping
Supervised by: Dependency Case Management Supervisor
Children's Home Society of Florida - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard