At Dataminr, we are seeking a highly motivated individual to provide subject matter expertise to our U.S. government clients. On a daily basis, the Deployment Specialist will (1) quickly monitor and analyze our data feeds and signals concerning national security issues; (2) keep up-to-date on key developments in the national security space and assess the security impact of real-time Dataminr signals; and (3) interface directly with government employees.
The Deployment Specialist will also perform the following duties:
- Demonstrate system capabilities to new government users.
- Learn user missions and requirements.
- Integrate Dataminr into clients’ workflow.
- Train new users on-site.
- Collect regular feedback and communicate such feedback to Dataminr’s technical and product teams.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 6 to 10 years’ experience supporting the U.S. government, military and/or intelligence community
- Knowledge of J2/J3 analysis and/or watchstanding operations
- Knowledge of social media outreach and analysis efforts of US government, military and/or intelligence community
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivation and an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Eligible for U.S. government clearance required; TS/SCI security clearance is desirable
- Must be willing to travel frequently domestically or live in the location of our clients’ headquarters
- Must be authorized to work in the US (no immigration sponsorship offered) and meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
Based in New York City, Dataminr (www.dataminr.com) was founded in 2009 with a mission to unlock hidden value in social media for clients in the finance and government sectors. Currently servicing both buy-side and sell-side financial firms as well as municipal and federal clients in the government sector, Dataminr has developed a broad suite of modular desktop and API products that address the unique needs of its client set. Services include custom signal creation, integration of internal proprietary data sets and accommodation of all compliance and deployment needs. We offer competitive salaries, commensurate with experience, and a comprehensive benefits package to our employees.
Dataminr - 22 months ago