The Deployment Specialist analyzes customer solutions and actively participates in the implementation of standardized or customized shipping, billing, visibility solutions while meeting the needs of the customer and the company. He/she assists with implementation model development, deployment plan definition, and implementation phase scheduling. This position helps drive the approach of the implementation project plan.
In the area of implementation model and contract development, the Deployment Specialist assists in building the analysis template to gather statistics and feedback, and recommends implementation model updates and assists in testing updated models for use in the future. To ensure accuracy, he/she also validates pricing and service strategies, project scope documents and the solution model. Another core responsibility of this position is deployment plan definition assistance. Duties include positioning with the customer single products and services, gathering impacted user-base and location statistics for evaluation and comparison to current models, and helping to develop scope of work role and responsibility definitions.
The Deployment Specialist also assists with implementation scheduling and communication. This involves serving as a member of the cross-function program team, and helping to identify communications groups. This individual also helps to build the work breakdown structure and assists in determining the location, customer, and user group deployment order to create the implementation project plan.
- Conduct formal and informal sales force training on UPS solutions and enhancements
- Deliver customer product training
- Document and report account activity (e.g., customer visits and phone calls, training, etc.)
- Prepare and present reports (e.g., trends, technology initiatives, etc.) to the district sales staff
- Document solutions in the project management tool
- Distribute project status, budget and timeline reports
- Conduct surveys and assist with post-project user audits
- Analyzes data to identify requirements, problems or inefficiencies and recommend solutions in work methods, processes or flows
- Applies supply chain and logistics knowledge of the flow of materials, information, and finances involved in manufacturing and distributing products
- Designs and develops projects, programs or processes. Determines business requirements and specifications, and develops and integrates components into working prototypes/other outputs
- Develops project plans to accomplish objectives. Establishes goals, milestones and deadlines and identifies necessary project resources
- Manages budgets and understands accounting processes, determines needed resources and allocates funds, monitors expenditures to budget targets and resolves discrepancies
- Manages projects and programs including allocating people and resources, organizing logistics and implementation, monitoring progress, adapting plans, and identifying and resolving rollout issues
- Measures and evaluates individual, group and business performance, results and goal attainment. Sets goals, identifies key indicators, uses measurement tools and identifies gaps
- Negotiates with others by identifying desired outcomes, organizational priorities, and appropriate strategies and concessions. Asks pertinent questions, considers alternatives, persuades others, and bargains for win-win solutions
- Synthesizes, combines and integrates information and data to form conclusions and make sound decisions and recommendations
- Writes technical or specialized documents, such as legal briefings, journals, manuals, instructions, articles, handbooks, and statistical reports
- Performs duties in self-directed environment
- Preferred to have educational experience in Engineering, Logistics / Transportation, IT/Computer Science, Business and/or Finance
- Preferred to have experience using Microsoft office products or equivalent software
- Preferred advanced-level proficiency in Microsoft Access
Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
- U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer
- Do you have an advanced-level proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Currently located in the same geographic location as the job or willing to relocate
UPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
UPS - 17 months ago
As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business work better,...