Depot Repair Technician
Location: Fairburn, GA
Prism Pointe Technologies provides world class IT maintenance and support services to a myriad of Commercial Enterprise level customers as well as Federal and State Government Agencies.
As a Depot Repair Technician, you are responsible for identifying and resolving hardware and software issues on multiple makes and models of computers, laptops, servers and printers. Additionally, you are responsible for the physical repair, maintenance, and tracking of the customer’s equipment and insuring return of all core parts to vendor/OEM.
- Duplicate and resolve issues in the hardware environment (Triage.) including but not limited to defective part identification and physical replacement.
- Replicate and resolve customer issues in the software environment (Triage.)
- Prioritize the day’s repairs to ensure that all equipment is returned to users within each Client’s Service Level guidelines (whether working in a dedicated or syndicated environment.)
- Ensures repair procedures are in compliance with PPT and OEM requirements.
- Responsible for daily production rates, quality control, and a neat, professional work area.
- Maintain processes and documentation verifying service order completion prior to returning equipment to inventory.
- Maintain and gain valid certifications for all OEM’s as directed by management. As needed, requirement to gain OEM’s certifications is required.
- Consistently monitor company systems for incoming repairs.
- Submit detailed Defective Tag summaries documenting actions taken towards the resolution of the repair process as real time as possible.
- Provide feedback on processes and technical documentation to assist in verification of order completion issue.
- Perform special projects as assigned by management.
- Assist Shipping and Receiving teams when required.
- Stay current on Original Manufacturer Equipment policies, changes and maintenance procedures for their equipment.
- Accountable for all assets handled, including but not limited to, virtual tracking, physical tracking, and physical condition.
- Responsible for the Physical Security and Accountability of all assigned equipment.
Maintain knowledge and certification necessary to support computer equipment and peripherals.
1. Maintain cross-functional knowledge within PPT in order to respond to service delivery in a collateral role.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL and ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must posses dynamic customer service skills
- A positive attitude is a must
- Team-Oriented personality
- Well-developed interpersonal, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Experience in troubleshooting current Microsoft operating systems and Office applications
- Ability to operate a computer and applicable software packages
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to fifty pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than one hundred pounds.
Any combination equivalent to:
- An Associates Degree in Computer Technology or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A Strong IT Hardware Support Background, at Least 4 Years of Experience
- CompTIA A+ Certification
- At least 2 to 3 Years of Laptop Repair Experience.
1. Must successfully pass a background check and drug screen.
2. Must have a clear driving record for three years.
3. Must be eligible to receive a government security clearance to service government clients.
This role may require up to 15-20% travel on an as-needed basis and shifts may vary at management’s discretion.
Monster - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard