The Deputy Daily Briefings Editor creates and edits National Journal's suite of well-known email newsletter products, including the morning Need-to-Know Memo and The Edge in the afternoon. The job requires a deep understanding of politics and policy in Washington and the ability to write with speed and accuracy across multiple daily and weekly deadlines.
Responsibilities and Qualifications Include:
- Understand the important issues before Congress and the White House and evaluate how each day's developments fit in
- Exercise sharp news judgment and curatorial sensibility on deadline, finding interesting and fun items for publication alongside the most serious and important developments each day
- Assign and edit items for multiple daily email products
- Write brief news items with flair and punch
- Manage a team of 3-4 reporters
- Teach and train young journalists, such as fellows and interns
- Learn and understand multiple publishing systems
- Knowledge of HTML is helpful, though not required
Atlantic Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Atlantic Media Company - 15 months ago
- 30+ days ago