The Deputy Daily Briefings Editor creates and edits National Journal's suite of well-known email newsletter products, including the morning Need-to-Know Memo and The Edge in the afternoon. The job requires a deep understanding of politics and policy in Washington and the ability to write with speed and accuracy across multiple daily and weekly deadlines.
Responsibilities and Qualifications Include:
- Understand the important issues before Congress and the White House and evaluate how each day's developments fit in
- Exercise sharp news judgment and curatorial sensibility on deadline, finding interesting and fun items for publication alongside the most serious and important developments each day
- Assign and edit items for multiple daily email products
- Write brief news items with flair and punch
- Manage a team of 3-4 reporters
- Teach and train young journalists, such as fellows and interns
- Learn and understand multiple publishing systems
- Knowledge of HTML is helpful, though not required
Atlantic Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Atlantic Media, Ltd. is an award winning, full service, film and video production company. Utilizing the latest technology we specialize in...