Job title: Deputy Director, Knowledge Management
FHI 360 seeks to fill a key staff role for a multi-year implementation science and operations research project whose overall goal is to improve access to high quality family planning and reproductive health (FP/RH) services to reduce unintended pregnancy. This goal and the project objectives will be reached by conducting implementation research and implementing knowledge translation strategies and activities.
Specific program objectives include:
- Generate evidence t hrough high quality research to increase the effectiveness of FP/RH programming;
- Synthesize and share existing and new evidence to accelerate scale-up of evidence-based FP/RH programming; and
- Provide technical assistance for use of evidence to improve FP/RH programming worldwide.
The Deputy Director, Knowledge Translation, will provide leadership in the translation of research results into policy and programs, and in the replication and scale-up of evidence-based practices. The deputy director should be a senior manager with an advanced degree in public health, social science, or a related field with at least 10 years of experience translating evidence to inform FP/RH programs and policy and at least 5 years leading complex FP/RH service delivery and/or Implementation Science projects in developing countries. This full-time position will report to the Project Director and will be based in North Carolina.
- Oversee the translation of research results from complex multi-country FP/RH implementation research studies into policies and programs at country and global level. May involve conceptualizing, implementing, and monitoring a project-wide Knowledge Translation/Research Utilization and scale-up framework and strategies ;
- Engage strategic partnerships and in-country collaborators best positioned to apply new and existing FP/RH evidence to improve programs and policies;
- Contribute to design and implementation of research to accelerate the uptake of results into policy and practice. Will involve working closely with the Project key personnel, consortium technical/research staff, and in-country collaborators to assess adherence to project’s research approach and procedures;
- Work with the Project key personnel to implement a TA/ Capacity-building approach to facilitate the scale-up of new and underutilized best-practices in FP/RH policy and programming;
- Develop and lead implementation of an internal knowledge management approach among Project partners for sharing project updates and lessons learned regarding Implementation Science and Knowledge Translation.
- Develop a global Knowledge Management approach to link lessons learned and best practices generated as part of the project and from specific countries to the global FP/RH community (including other KM platforms);
- Liaise with the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist to ensure accurate, relevant, useful collection and reporting of data reflective of the impact of the Project’s Implementation Science and Knowledge Translation activities.
- Contribute to publishing a body of evidence related to Implementation Science and/or Knowledge Translation in peer-reviewed journals and present at key conferences;
- Represent the Project at relevant USAID and Cooperating Agency (CA) meetings;
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package. Interested candidates may register online through FHI 360's Career Center at www.fhi360.org/careers or through the Employment section at www.fhi360.org . Please submit CV/resume and cover letter including salary requirements. Please specify source in your application.
- An advanced degree in public health, social, medical or health sciences.
- Minimum 10 years of experience translating evidence into international FP/RH programs and policies, at least 5 years of which reflects leadership in a complex FP/RH service delivery and/or Implementation Science project. Experience with USAID funded projects is preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in strategic leadership, knowledge management, in-country staff capacity building, and stakeholder engagement.
- Demonstrated experience managing staff (RH) and strategic partnerships.
- Effective English oral and written communications skills.
- French language proficiency is preferred.
FHI 360 - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
FHI 360 is a leading human development organization dedicated to improving lives by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions.