The candidate recruited will serve as the Deputy Director of Environmental Health. He or she will be responsible for the following:
Minimum Qual Requirements
- Ensuring that the Public Health Sanitarians conduct inspections in accordance with the consent decree mandates and departmental policies.
- Supervising the Public Health Sanitarians.
- Coordinating the scheduling of the Public Health Sanitarians to ensure that routine inspections, complaint inspections and required sampling/testing are performed as required.
- Reviews the Public Health Sanitarian reports and generating monthly statistics.
- Ensuring that necessary action is taken in response to conditions noted during inspections of facilities and commands.
- Coordinating responses to staff, inmate, visitor, and oversight complaints.
- Working closely with unit managers and facility administrators to improve and maintain environmental health conditions.
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university , including or supplemented by 30 semester credits in the biological and/or physical sciences, and at least two years of satisfactory full-time experience performing inspections to assure compliance with pertinent laws, rules and regulations governing the areas of food, drugs and general environmental conditions; or
2. An associate degree from an accredited college or university , including or supplemented by 12 semester credits in the biological and/or physical sciences, and four years of satisfactory full-time experience as described in "1" above; or
3. Education and/or experience equivalent to "1" or "2" above. However, all candidates must have at least 60 semester credits from an accredited college or university , including at least 12 semester credits in the biological and/or physical sciences. Furthermore, to assure compliance with Section 11.112 of the New York State Sanitary Code, all candidates must have at least two years of experience as a public health sanitarian as described in "1" above.
The candidate must have at least three years experience as a public health sanitarian and supervisory experience in the field of environmental health is preferred.
For City employees: Go to Employee Self-Service (ESS) - www.nyc.gov/ess. Click on Recruiting Activities > Careers and search for Job ID#116220.
For all other applicants: Go to www.nyc.gov/careers/search and search for Job ID#: 116220.
Submission of a resume is not a guarantee that you will receive an interview.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
17-41 Hazen Street, East Elmhurst, New York 11370
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.
NYC Careers - 19 months ago