We are currently looking for an experienced Deputy Editor to work 2 days/week (flexible by arrangement) for our flagship medical journal, PLOS Medicine. The post holder will work alongside another Deputy Editor in a Job Share. This position could be based in our Cambridge, UK or San Francisco, CA offices.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Together with the Chief Editor, oversight of research and magazine manuscript processes and policy, including input into development and implementation of journal policy in the research and magazine sections.
- Handling a proportion of the Research/Magazine manuscripts submitted.
- Deputizing for the Chief Editor, Senior Research and Magazine Editors as needed in relation to manuscripts.
- Liaising with administrative, production, marketing and other teams within PLOS on behalf of the journal.
- Liaising with the editorial board.
- Advocacy for PLOS Medicine in the clinical research community.
- Active participation in the daily running of the journal, including the magazine section
- Participation in a monthly rota of editorial writing, along with writing of blog entries, press releases, editors’ summaries and other related material as required.
- Involvement in the development of PLOS–wide initiatives in medical publishing.
Apply now | Return to top
- MD or equivalent medical degree with relevant post qualification experience (MRCP or equivalent in UK/Board-certified in US).
- Editorial experience, ideally at a general medical journal, including in peer review processes for research manuscripts.
The Public Library of Science (PLoS) - 23 months ago