Vidant Health, a growing multi-hospital and fully integrated health care system, seeks to hire a highly motivated Attorney with excellent health care industry experience and leadership skills to fill the position of Deputy General Counsel .
We are a not-for-profit, mission driven healthcare system consisting of 10 hospitals, many physician practices, and over 11,000 employees.
The ideal candidate will have at least eight years of experience in representing hospitals as either in-house or outside counsel on operational matters, and be looking for advancement opportunities.
Provides Legal advice to all Corporate Entities
Oversees, directs, mentors and supervises other legal employees in response to legal inquiries, legal services and legal reviews.
- Provides legal advice related to laws and regulatory issues for business operations, transactions and corporate initiatives.
- Provides legal support for corporate services including but not limited to
- Information Systems
- Human Resources including Compensation and Benefits
- Managed Care and Operations
- Real Estate
- Supply Chain Management
Provides Legal Education for the Health System
- Performs legal research, issues legal opinions and drafts legal documents as needed.
- Provides assistance or supervision over such other projects or functions within the department as general counsel or chief legal officer may direct.
- Coordinates and Oversees the Contracting Process. Oversees and Directs Contract Attorneys.
- Collaborates with executive boards to further the mission of the hospital and ensure compliance with process and modify as necessary.
- Evaluates educational needs and develops curriculum.
- Provides legal education to all corporate entities on legal issues affecting the health system (eg: employment law, construction law, billing and reimbursement, EMTALA, STARK, Fraud and Abuse, etc).
- Updates corporate entities on relevant legislative changes and impact of the changes on operations.
- Provides Management to Departmental Activities in Achieving Goals of the Strategic Framework.
- Participates in development of strategic initiatives.
- Participates in budget process.
- Oversees and supervises legal operations.
1 full - time vacancy.
- Juris Doctorate required.
- State Licensure
- The ideal candidate will have at least eight years of experience in representing hospitals as either in-house or outside counsel on operational matters, and be looking for advancement opportunities.
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
Vidant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/AA Applications for Vidant Health and its subsidiary corporate entities are accepted and employees are chosen for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability.
Vidant Medical Center - 17 months ago