Provides operational and clerical support to the Clerk of the Circuit Court.
Examples of Duties:
• Records and indexes land records.
• Develops, distributes, and files correspondence, reports, and other documents.
• Processes payments and issues licenses, permits, and certificates.
• Performs record searches.
• Updates and maintains databases and other files.
• Addresses public and professional inquiries.
• Other duties as required.
Education & Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent with at least (5) years directly related experience or
Associate’s Degree or (2) years of college with at least (2) years directly related experience; general knowledge of administrative practices and procedures; and thorough knowledge of Microsoft software.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The work is generally performed in an office environment. Typically, the employee may sit to do the work. However, there may be some walking, standing, stooping, carrying of light items such as papers, books, or small parts, or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts, which require normal safety precautions. Use of safe work practices with office equipment, avoidance of trips and falls, observance of fire regulations and traffic signals are minimally required.
City of Colonial Heights, VA - 7 months ago