To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. The Deputy Operations Manager is responsible for overall management and maintenance of the Uplift campus to which he or she is assigned. The Deputy Operations Manager is responsible for maintaining the integrity of all campus buildings, grounds, equipment and other related property.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Ensure that all campus facilities and grounds are properly maintained
- Perform daily campus walkthroughs and preventative inspections
- Ensure that all campus equipment is in proper working order and perform light to medium repairs themselves as necessary
- Establish preventative maintenance schedules and replacement of all mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, safety and monitoring systems, and other facilities equipment, such as security gates and doors.
- Oversee after-hours and weekend on-call maintenance service as requested
- Enforce vendor contracts and rectify any issues with vendors related to facilities
- Coordinate with established vendors and/or the CMO Facilities Director to complete heavy facilities repairs that require an extensive time commitment or highly skilled labor
- Manage custodial staff as required by the Operations Director
- Ensure all buildings meet city, state and federal regulations
- Establish and maintain a schedule for inspection of all building systems, including elevator and fire systems, as needed and monitor to ensure completion
- Maintain campus records, receipts and service orders using the Microsoft Office Suite and other software
Assist Operations Director as required with security, technology, and school safety
- As required by the Operations Director, assist with facilitating decision making for key operational issues by collaborating with key campus steakholders
- As required by the Operations Director, serve as liaison for maintenance, repairs, and construction projects
- As required by the Operations Director, assist and/or coordinate emergency drills
- As required by the Operations Director, assist, perform and/or coordinate summer cleaning, furniture re-allocation
Assist the Operations Director as assigned with leading and coordinating non-instructional initiatives that ensure school leaders have the capacity to drive student achievement
- As requested, research and help implement best practices for all non-instructional activities
- As required by the Operations Director, greet guests and give campus tours
- As required by the Operations Director, monitor hallways, assist with cafeteria operations, and assist with car line
Assist with the evaluation, coordination, development and implementation of school improvement plans
- Assist Operations Director in ensuring that appropriate resources are made available to support improvement plans
- As required, recommend solutions to various business related requests, questions, and problems
- Attend training as required
- As required or requested by OD, report to uplift facilities director for training, professional development, and safety training.
Perform all other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, competitive applicants should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Exceptional facilities management skills
- Exceptional organization skills
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Financial management skills
- Able to manage complex projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Commitment to excellence
- Strong computer skills and ability to analyze data (Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word)
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A./ B.S.) from four-year college or university preferred. Minimum 2 years’ experience in operations management and/or building maintenance or related field can be used in lieu of a degree. High School Diploma or GED equivalent required. HVAC certification preferred but not required; fluency in Spanish preferred but not required. Applicant may be required to operate power equipment such as, but not limited to, scissor lifts, pressure washer, campus vehicles, and any other hand power tools.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common technical instructions. Ability to respond to respond to and resolve common complaints. Ability to effectively present information to campus and central office management.
Ability to add subtract multiply and divide and apply to practical situations. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should possess intermediate knowledge in Microsoft Office applications with an emphasis on Excel and Outlook and ability to learn and use computer software to track and report the budget for facilities. Ability to use or learn to use basic office equipment. This position will also require the ability to learn burglar, surveillance, access control and help ticket software. Applicant must also be able to use a smart phone with e-mail applications.
SAFETY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Every employee Uplift employee has an obligation to know our safety rules and procedures; to teach what they know to others as required; to recognize unsafe actions and situations and intervene as appropriate; to warn others of unsafe situations; to react to emergency situations and to report hazardous or unsafe practices to appropriate personnel.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit and use the wrists, hands and/or fingers. The employee is required to stand; walk; climb or balance. The employee must lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Work at a desk and computer screen for extended periods of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level is low to high and may have frequent interruptions. There may be activity from other employees and students of a distracting nature. Work outside in hot or cold conditions for extended periods of time. Work in a wide variety of environments as found in all areas of the school(s) and construction site, continual walking and standing; frequent heavy lifting and carrying; occasional exposure to extreme temperatures, dust, fumes and odors; occasional exposure to mechanical, electrical and chemical hazards; work around moving objects and vehicles.
Satisfactory criminal records check, pre-hire and annually thereafter, if applicable. Must be eligible to work in the United States and provide work authorization. Applicant must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record; must be available on call after normal working hours and/or weekends for emergency response; must be dependable and attentive to detail.
MODIFICATION OF DUTIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Uplift Education retains the right to change and/or modify the duties and essential functions of this position at any time. This job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee.