RESERVE DEPUTY SHERIFF work is law enforcement and public safety work in the protection of life and property through the enforcement of laws and ordinances in the Broward County Sheriff’s Office. Tasks involve the intermittent performance of extremely physically demanding work, typically involving some combination of reaching, bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, running, climbing, and that may involve the lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling of extremely heavy objects (150+ pounds). Tasks may involve standing, sitting or walking for long periods of time.
** This position requires the ability to work any shift including nights, weekends and holidays **
REQUIREMENTS 1. Minimum age of 19 years.
2. United States Citizen at time of application (F.S.S.943.13(2)).
3. High school diploma or equivalent. An evaluation of foreign high school diploma may be required.
4. Must not have been convicted of any felony. All candidates must not have been convicted of any perjury or a false statement charge as an adult. All other arrests and convictions will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Must have good moral character as determined by a background investigation (F.S.S. 943.13).
5. Must successfully pass the SWIMMING and BASIC MOTOR SKILLS (modified physical agility) tests prior to submitting an application. Results for all required tests must accompany the completed application.
6. If applicable, Florida Basic Recruit Certificate or FDLE Certification must accompany application.
7. Must possess and maintain throughout employment, a valid Florida driver license without any restrictions affecting job performance. Driver license must show current address. All candidates must submit with the application, a Certified Department of Motor Vehicles “entire” driving history for every state in which a driver license was held within the last 7 years. The search date must be within one month of the date the application is received in Human Resources.
8. If ever arrested, candidates must submit an official court disposition with the application. Official court dispositions can be obtained from the Clerk of the Court in the county in which the incident occurred.
9. If claiming Veteran’s Preference, candidates must provide a DD214 Member 4 form at time of application.
Cadet Candidate Requirements: Must pass the Criminal Justice Basic Abilities Test (CJBAT), swimming and basic motor skills tests administered at the Institute of Public Safety at Broward College prior to submitting an application. Results for all required tests must accompany the completed application.
Candidates who successfully complete the selection process for the Reserve Deputy Sheriff Cadet position will be sponsored through the Police Academy at the Institute of Public Safety at Broward College. Upon successful completion of the Police Academy and state certification exam, candidates will be eligible for the position of Certified Reserve Deputy Sheriff.
Certified Candidate Requirements: Must pass the swimming and modified physical agility tests prior to submitting an application. Results for both required tests must accompany the completed application. FDLE Certification must accompany application. WORK LOCATION Any location within the Department of Law Enforcement. CLOSING DATE
If no date is present, this recruitment is open until filled. 12/28/2012
Broward Sheriff's Office - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard