We are seeking a Deputy Warden to join our team. This position is based in Raymondville, TX.
With a wealth of experience as a leader in the operation of Job Corps centers for the U.S. Department of Labor, MTC began operating correctional facilities for federal, state, and county agencies for 25 years ago. With a focus on rehabilitation through education, MTC is now the third largest operator of private adult correctional facilities. MTC offers competitive compensation including comprehensive benefits.
Reports to the Warden. Directly supervises the chief of security, classification manager, special investigative supervisor, maintenance supervisor, laundry coordinator, food service supervisor, chaplain and mailroom clerk. Responsible for overall management of security, classification, food service, investigations, mailroom, maintenance, and laundry functions in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and the United State Marshals Service (USMS) directives.
1. Plan, coordinate and direct the total administrative and programmatic activities of the department.
2. Provide staff training, evaluate staff performance and implement organizational and personnel changes as approved by the warden and coordinated with the manager, human resources prior to implementation.
3. Develop departmental budgets; monitor and control expenditures. Review and recommend changes to budget authorizations.
4. Develop and implement new and revised policies and procedures affecting security. Coordinate with other departments to ensure compliance with overall facility objectives.
5. Direct procedures and practices relating to the training and counseling of detainees and security of staff and detainees; maintain constant vigilance of employees and detainees through staff assignments to insure that policies, rules and regulations are being adhered to and that none are violated.
6. Provide, through administrative staff assignments, proper number of officers, and other personnel for all administrative and security functions; oversee preparation of work and other related reports on detainees for the classifications committee and permanent record of detainees showing progress and estimating rehabilitative prospects.
7. Monitor staff selection process of potential employees to ensure adherence to all applicable laws, MTC and state regulations, and select qualified applicants to fill vacancies as needed.
8. Oversee the laundry activities including cleaning, repair, replacement and issuance to detainees.
9. Oversee the direction of disciplinary, investigations and grievance procedures affecting detainees.
10. Provide oversight of mailroom activities.
11. Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed. Provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
12. Maintain accountability of staff, detainees and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in correctional management, criminal justice, public/business administration, education, counseling or other related field, ten (10) years of correctional experience, five (5) of which must be in a managerial capacity are required. Directly related experience may be considered in lieu of formal education requirements, if approved by the senior vice president, corrections. Must be at least 21 years of age. Valid driver license in the State of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements and pass an annual background check, both of which must be approved by the USMS.
Please apply online at www.mtcjobs.com
Management & Training Corporation - 2 years ago
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) prepares prison inmates for re-entry into society. It provides a variety of academic,...