AllianceBernstein is a leading global investment management firm that offers high-quality research and diversified investment services to institutional clients, individuals and private clients in major markets around the world. AllianceBernstein employs more than 500 investment professionals with expertise in growth equities, value equities, fixed income securities, blend strategies and alternative investments and, through its subsidiaries and joint ventures, operates in more than 20 countries.
AllianceBernstein’s research disciplines include fundamental research, quantitative research, economic research and currency forecasting capabilities. Through its integrated global platform, AllianceBernstein is well-positioned to tailor investment solutions for its clients. AllianceBernstein also offers independent research, portfolio strategy and brokerage-related services to institutional investors.
The AB Fixed Income and Equities Derivative desks are in search of two Derivatives Traders for the swap and option markets, repsectively
Reporting to the global heads of trading, the two will together be responsible for providing exclusive full time support to one specific insurance client. Each Derivative Trader will deal and then serve as a trade support point person with internal/external front and middle offices.
The Traders will be responsible for providing best execution, gauging liquidity, relaying timely feedback to portfolio managers and assuring seamless reconciliation with global dealers/brokers. Each candidate will be responsible for enhancing the relationship with the internal client as well as various counterparties.
The ideal candidate should have 10 years of experience in the derivatives markets or 5 years of experience in conjunction with an MBA. Licenses like 7 and 3 are beneficial.
Additionally, candidates should have the following skills and qualification:
• Very strong communication and analytical skills, be highly organized and detail-oriented.
• Demonstrated proficiency in trading equity and/or fixed income derivatives, with a focus on both global OTC and Listed markets. Relevant markets include but are not limited to global futures, swaps, variance swaps, options, swaptions and ETF’s. Multi legged trades and packages across asset classes are also possible.
• Familiarity with insurance products, portfolios and hedging strategies is a plus.
• Should be fluent in the underlying asset classes and at least have a working knowledge of the FX, credit and commodities markets.
Specific responsibilities may include but are not be limited to:
• Trading and support functions for an internal insurance client.
• Working closely with portfolio managers on implementing their strategy with minimal market impact and the stringent use of best execution practices.
• Providing a single point of contact for market insight, quoting, order placement (both voice and electronic), finalizing details and trade reconciliation.
• Real time liaising with the client on overall positions as well as current market conditions, quoted price levels, pertinent analysis and recommendations.
• Focusing exclusively on client needs and the trading queue so as to provide timely and, as needed, immediate execution
• Sharing responsibilities with another derivatives trader in order to form a two person team with the sole goal of providing exclusive fulltime coverage to the client in the FI and equity spaces.
• Multi-tasking under fast paced market conditions.
Location New York, New York, USA
How to Apply
Submit cover letter and CV to www.alliancebernstein.com/careers, search by Job ID 5429.
AllianceBernstein is an equal opportunity employer.
AllianceBernstein - 9 months ago
The raison d'etre of AllianceBernstein Holding is its more than 35% stake in investment manager AllianceBernstein. (French insurer...