To be fully engaged in providing Uncompromised Safety, Superior Quality, Memorable Patient/Customer Experiences, and Financial Stewardship by assisting in medical care of patients and supporting front desk functions as needed under the direction of the physician and charge nurse/office manager.
• Knowledge of sterile techniques in instrument preparation, calibration, and use.
• Appropriately performs patient triage, assists physician with office procedures, and accurately documents patient data.
• Room and discharge patient
• Provide accurate and timely Melafind and Blu Light, assures documentation and prompt transmission of test, if applicable.
• Administer injections that are ordered.
• Procedure and surgery prepping
• Suture removals and wound checks/dressing changes
• Laser assistant
• Surgery assistant
• Ability to perform basic computer skills pertinent to job performance
• Documents discussion between patient and provider
• Demonstrates and maintains working knowledge of front desk procedures and assists in these functions when dictated by workload.
• Pathology reporting
• Ensures that all exam rooms and equipment are stocked, cleaned, and ready for the next patient
• Schedules patient surgeries
• Provide patient follow up to ensure patients participation in their care
• Procedure and surgery pre-op and post-op education
• Coordinates medical supply ordering with site manager.
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• Must hold current AHA BLS Healthcare Provider Completion Card prior to start date and maintain.
• Graduate of an accredited medical assistant program preferred.
• Current certification with AAMA (American Association of Medical Assistants) or NHA (National HeathCareer Association) preferred.
• Knowledge of Dermatology Terminology
• Ability to use and operate a computer