Currently, we are looking for a motivated and versatile Design Drafting and Document Control Specialist to join our Composites Design & Engineering Group. The responsibilities below define the current need in a dynamic company with lots of room for future career growth.
- Strong working knowledge of 3D parametric CAD systems, including best-practice design intent capture, PDM, revision control, re-documentation risk, IP protection, etc.
- Work closely with IT to ensure drafting needs are accounted with system migrations, upgrades, and improvements.
- Manage multiple projects concurrently while balancing resource requirements for routine design drafting work and special projects.
- Possess a general understanding of new product development and change management processes.
- Be able to manage acquisition integration projects by assimilating acquired drafting processes and documents and migrating those processes and documents to a corporate standard.
- Be a self starter with initiative to provide both drafting vision and execution.
- BSME/BSMET or BSEE/BSEET
- 4+ years experience in supervising product design, drafting, and document control processes and people.
- Strong drafting skills, including strong GD&T interpretation and application skills using ASME Y14.5-2009 (or 1994).
- Experience using a multitude of parametric ECAD and MCAD systems.
- Strong understanding of product configuration management, including design and manufacturing Bills of Material.
- Strong discipline of working within a defined engineering documentation change process (ECR/ECN/ECO) and the associated IT systems.
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills.
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation communication skills.
- Strong teamwork ethic.
- Excellent document control habits, including PDM usage.
- ASME GDTP (Y14.5) certification (Technologist or Senior level)
- CAE experience in design validation/simulation (tolerance, Circuitworks, mold flow)
- SolidWorks Certified to Associate, Professional, or Expert level
LightSail Energy - 9 months ago