Summary: The Design Engineer will be responsible for developing and implementing the project design ensuring it is technically sound and meets project specifications and requirements.
Education/Experience: Degreed Engineer (Mechanical, Chemical or Industrial) who is pursuing professional registration with 0-5 years of experience in packaging, processing or production systems engineering and/or have significant experience in production or machinery design. Must be knowledgeable of or able to quickly learn the various packaging machinery systems and their capabilities and limitations.
- Research, develop and implement design standards
- Development of equipment requirements and specifications
- Design Document Development
- Flow sheets, PFD's, P&ID's
- Mass Balance
- Speed Matrices
- Packaging Matrices
- Equipment lists
- Prepare equipment specifications and supplier RFQ's
- Providing plant and equipment layouts, and bid packages in AutoCAD
- Factory acceptance test (FAT) support
- Preparing feasibility studies and equipment comparisons
- Maintaining schedules, and being cost efficient
- Coordinate with other Haskell engineering disciplines
- On-site installation & start-up support
- Develop personal technical skills as well as those of co-workers
- Travel required
Specific Knowledge, Skills, License, Certifications Etc..:
HASKELL is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace.
- Must have or develop computer aided design (CAD)
- Moderate computer skills
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Ability to adjust to changing timelines and meet deadlines
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to understand and execute the company vision and values of Team, Excellence, Service and Trust
The Haskell Company - 24 months ago
• Founded in 1965 by Preston H. Haskell
• Construction, Design (Architecture, Engineering, Process) and Program Management...