Sabre Towers and Poles, one of the leading communications tower and monopole manufacturers, has an immediate opening for a Design Engineer Supervisor.|
Responsibilities: Qualified individual will be responsible to perform the following duties. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reviews tower and foundation design reports that have been prepared by pre-Engineering, and Engineering Associates.
- Ensures that program output is accurate and meets the requirements of the specifications/proposal, and that foundation designs are appropriate for the soil information received.
- Monitors designs for any errors or inefficiencies that may arise in the design programs, and recommends corrective action to the appropriate people.
- Performs tower and foundation designs, when necessary to meet project deadlines.
- Responds to internal and external questions, including 3rd-party reviews and jurisdiction plan check comments. Prepares sealed letters in response to these inquiries, when required. Keeps up-to-date on the requirements of each state, as they relate to tower designs.
- Gives technical advice to the Engineering Associates, pre-Engineering, Sales and Estimation as necessary to prepare accurate tower and foundation designs.
- Determines appropriate actions and advises Contract Administrators regarding any fabrication or field issues that arise.
- Assists in responding to customers with technical advice.
- Advises the Chief Engineer regarding any changes that need to be made to daily procedures and processes.
Successful candidate will have a Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering, a Professional Engineering license, and 4 years recent engineering experience. Candidate must possess in-depth knowledge of tower and foundation engineering, especially related to the TIA 222 standard. Must have strong attention to detail, as the final authority for tower and foundation designs. Must have the ability to react quickly to issues that arise, in a way that ensures structural integrity and maximum possible benefit to the Company. Ability to handle a large number of projects and meet frequent short deadlines is required. Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
We offer competitive compensation, outstanding benefits and the professional advantages of an environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements.
For confidential consideration, please apply online at www.SabreIndustries.com/careers.
Applications will be accepted through April 19, 2013
Post Offer Physical and Drug Testing Required
Equal Opportunity Employer
CareerBuilder - 15 months ago
Sabre Industries is a leading manufacturer of steel structures used for wireless communication and electric transmission and distribution....