POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The purpose of this job is to design and develop moderately complex product and component concepts for release to production in a manner to ensure superior performance durability reliability quality and serviceability to the worldwide marketplace.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conceives and provides practical and improved product design applications
- Emphasis on conceiving moderately complex product designs and preparing design layouts by using a computer graphics system
- Accurately makes design calculations decisions and does the necessary analysis and computer simulations.
- Works closely with the Test Engineers and technicians plant personnel and suppliers regarding product design test and production schedule dates.
- Provides guidance to Manufacturing Quality Purchasing Marketing Sales Service and other departments.
- Responsible for design work from concept through production of products and projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Telephone • Calculator
- Computer • Copy Machine
- Must be able to sit bend turn and maintain other related body postures frequently as necessary to perform job duties.
- Must be able to visually utilize a computer and other office equipment to properly enter information as well as read documentation.
- Must be able to perform repetitive hand and arm motions.
- Must be able to prepare concise accurate written documents to communicate clearly with all levels of management and employees.
- Must be able to work independently and make decisions that require initiative and judgment in order to effectively plan organize and complete various work assignments.
- Must be capable of multi-step and sequential problem solving activities; these include the comparing analyzing and calculating data.
- Must maintain continual visual and mental attention while operating personal computers and other office equipment.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Must be able to understand and communicate both verbally and in written form in English since instructions labels and other documents are in English.
- Must be able to accept change and respond appropriately.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to travel as needed.
- Must be flexible and willing to accept a variety of tasks as assigned.
- Must not present a direct threat or unreasonable risk to him/herself or others.
- Must represent the Company in a positive manner to co-workers and outside personnel.
The Design Engineer is responsible for his/her own work and does not supervise the work of others.
- Attends departmental meetings as required.
- Assists others in department as needed.
- Work is performed within an office setting and within a warehouse/industrial setting.
- Noise levels vary however there is no continuous exposure to hazardous noise levels.
- Temperature and humidity are regulated while indoors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Agricultural or related engineering discipline.
- 0-3 years of related experience.
May travel to dealerships and some customer job sites to solve design problems and to field test locations to assist with the development of engineering projects.
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Good communication skills
- Strong engineering skill sets
- Willing worker in team-based environment
- Basic knowledge sheet metal production practices helpful
- Pro-E or similar 3-D CAD system experience
This job description reflects the current assignment of essential functions and is not intended to be all-inclusive. Duties and responsibilities may be assigned or reassigned to the job at any time or for any reason.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
AGCO - 14 months ago