For decades, CH2M HILL has been a global leader in engineering, consulting, design, program management, construction and operations, working on the most challenging and impactful projects around the world. Through these challenging projects, we develop our people — who transform complex and creative ideas into reality, every day. Join us and together we can work to build a sustainable world. We support you to reach your greatest career goals through continued professional development, a positive work life balance and undeniably cool engineering projects. Join employee-owned CH2M HILL and discover why our diverse team has been consistently ranked as one of the leading employers and repeatedly recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For".
Environmental Jobs at CH2M HILL
Today, the importance of environmental stewardship is unprecedented. As businesses go “Green" and society becomes more proactive, your role inCH2M HILL's Environmental Group provides opportunities to participate in projects that will protect the Earth's natural resources. We help our clients in both government and industry markets safeguard and restore natural resources as cost-effectively as possible. Overall it is a monumental task, but with each day, we have the opportunity to limit our footprint. Ready? Let's Get to Work.
Description and Desired Qualifications
CH2M HILL Careers Design Engineer - Solid Waste, Boise, ID
The challenge? Help save and protect the one and only Earth we have. CH2M HILL is looking for a dynamic individual to join the firm as a Design Engineer in theEnvironmental Services Business Group, Integrated Waste Solutions Practice in our Boise, ID office. This position will responsible for the delivery of Waste Management design projects, to include providing Engineering support, developing computer-aided engineering (CAE) designs, and preparing design documents for projects located throughout the western US regional market.
Under general supervision, the individual competently performs all conventional aspects of design engineering and analysis. This position is responsible for ensuring that designs are in conformance to applicable standards and codes, as well as company policies and procedures. The incumbent has deep knowledge of multiple subject areas or disciplines; and understands industry practices and competitors. This position uses communication and negotiation skills to guide others, and interacts with multiple departments, local offices or regions. You should be an effective leader and communicator with a minimum of 5 years comprehensive knowledge and experience in a combination of site civil and solid waste engineering, and 3D automation design, and have a desire to grow personally as well as professionally with each project.
Our Design Engineers:
- Applicants should have familiarity with site civil designs such as roads, landfills, pipelines, remediation, and other related type design work and infrastructure design.
- Are adept in applying interpreting regulatory requirements and applying industry standard techniques to analysis and design of solid waste management systems and designs.
- Proficient in computer-aided engineering (CAE) 3D modeling tools.
- Plans and conducts work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Possesses expert design automation skills.
- Steward for discipline engineering and design concepts through continued communication with engineering staff and is recognized as a leader and trainer for discipline-specific tools.
- Highly focused on quality ensuring conformance with project standards, 4-phase design, discipline design technologies and processes. Is innovative in meeting deliverable deadlines and in adhering to assigned scope of work.
- Proficient in checking own work and coordinating work with related disciplines.
- May provide some technical guidance to designers/drafters and less experienced engineers
- Takes responsibility for their portion of the discipline's scope, schedule and budget and delegates accordingly to junior staff.
- Continued demonstration of reliability and accountability for own work products. Continually exceeds deliverable deadlines.
- Participate in project decisions regarding technical approaches, cost and scheduling, and performance
- Interact with regulators and permitting agencies
- Ability to support work for/in other offices (including Temporary Duty- TDY).
- Works in harmony with Project Automation Lead and Lead Designers to ensure the integrity of the discipline's modeled data for use throughout the project's lifecycle.
- Participates in mentoring the project team, junior staff and junior engineers by assisting with finding answers to technical questions and concerns.
- Participates and champions internal and external project reviews.
- Attends project meeting and takes on active role to help team resolve concerns and solve problems across all disciplines.
- Steward of data integration across the lifecycle of the project.
- This position may have a field component.
- Must be able to travel to project sites as needed.
- Location will be Boise, ID
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- Registered Professional Engineer
- 5 years experience, including experience as a lead CAE designer preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in a combination of site civil and solid waste engineering
Bachelors or 4 Year Degree
Preferred Years of Experience
What you will find
At CH2M HILL, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M HILL. Ready? Let's get to work. Developing People through Challenging Projects CH2M HILL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CH2M HILL - 18 months ago
Since its founding in 1946, CH2M HILL has been building a better and more sustainable planet—delivering challenging projects that...