At Crayola, we believe that unleashing the wonder, adventure and daydreams of every child begins with creative play and color. Our products give colorful wings to the invisible things that are in the hearts and minds of children. Help us create innovative products that inspire children by joining us as a...
GENERAL SUMMARY :
Develops mechanical and electromechanical products via CAD/drafting/sketching by researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials and verifying principals of mechanical engineering. Works in a highly cross functional environment with Marketing, Product Design, R&D, Purchasing, Project Management and Supply Chain developing and executing new products to meet multiple objectives. Partners with colleagues in QA and the extended team in Crayola Asia in developing manufacturing quality control processes and standard operating procedures for production. Value engineers existing mechanical and electromechanical products to improve performance, reduce cost, increase production capacity and/or reduce supply chain lead time. Works in a fast paced highly dynamic corporate environment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Develops new mechanical and electromechanical products via CAD/drafting/sketching to meet anticipated functionality, by studying consumer requirements, by evaluating manufacturability and by testing mechanical hypotheses.
- Analyzes product designs to identify and implement engineering improvements that will enhance products performance. Prototypes alternate design paths, tests, records and communicates product design variations to the platform team
- Executes design-related projects, which result in specifications, detail drawings and bills of materials for new products. Executes within time frames established by Product Management’s Global New Product Development timelines. Responsible for the final design and execution of new products.
- Communicates daily with Crayola Asia. Topics include but are not limited to; adherence to product commercialization schedule and milestones; prototype tools and parts development progress, tooling design, execution and schedule, material and component specifications and sources, component and product exfactory cost analysis, product safety, samples requests, lab testing and risk to launch assessment and mitigation.
- Works in a highly cross functional environment with Marketing, Product Design, R&D, Purchasing, Project Management, Supply Chain, Package Engineering, Safety and Regulatory developing and executing new products to meet multiple objectives of cost, performance and launch timing. Makes recommendations to management related new product schedules, progress in the development process and proposed changes in product designs and program execution.
- Assures product quality by designing testing methods, testing finished goods, evaluating injection (and other manufacturing process) molded parts, confirming assembly and anticipated functionality.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS :
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering, mechanical and/or electronics preferred.
- 3 years’ experience conceiving and engineering plastic parts, mechanical assemblies, subassemblies, prototype tools, production tools and development and overall product engineering for the consumer product market. Mechanical engineering for the Toy market a plus.
- Outstanding communication, interaction and problem solving skills.
- Significant skill and mastery in command of CAD (Computer-Aided Design) for 2 dimensional and 3 dimensional part and assembly creation. (Solid Works and AutoCAD)
- Knowledge and experience of tooling for plastic parts. Dimensional and functional accuracy of part drawings, product specifications, equations, and tool diagrams.
- Considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of Mechanical Engineering. Applies principals of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics and materials to a various types of projects.
- Ability to plan projects, work on multiple projects, prepare related designs, schedules and specifications.
- Ability and experience in using various engineering instruments and equipment.
- Ability to prepare reports, project summaries, correspondence and maintain accurate records.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets professional documents, technical procedures and material component data sheets.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from supervisors, customers, and multidisciplinary team members
- Ability to interpret and derive meaningful information from a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to use a computer. Considerable knowledge of PC operations and software (productivity tools) are required.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed specifically related to executing the product to meet cost, performance and schedule metrics.
We offer competitive salary, outstanding benefits and the potential for advancement through the use of creative abilities. Interested candidates MUST apply ON LINE AT www.crayola.com. Click on the "About Crayola" Link and visit our Career Center to apply. No phone calls please. Equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in a drug-free and smoke-free setting. M/F/D/V
Search Firm Representatives:
Please Read Carefully.
Crayola LLC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crayola LLC via e-mail, the Internet, or directly to hiring managers at Crayola LLC in any form without valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Crayola LLC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crayola LLC as a result of the referral or through other means.
Search firms are essential to the recruitment and staffing efforts at Crayola LLC, and we value the partnerships we have built with our vendors. For this reason, Crayola LLC has established and regularly maintains a preferred vendor list. Please note that even preferred vendors need to have a written search agreement signed by Human Resources at Crayola LLC in place for the specific position in order for a fee to be paid for any candidate referrals.
Crayola - 10 months ago
Crayola has cornered the market on colors. The crayon maker's 10 most popular colors include blue, red, violet, green, carnation pink,...