Perform design engineering projects in support of fan system sales, manufacturing sources, supply chain, field service, vendor support, and customer service for the industrial and power industry applications of the Aftermarket Division sales and service teams.
Key Responsibilities, Accountabilities & Deliverables
Performs engineering design analysis in support of technical sales teams.
Provides updates and guidance to sales teams on component specifications.
Provides field support by assisting in customer support and failure analysis.
Provides manufacturing support by addressing non-conformance issues and deviation acceptance.
Composes technical reports and test procedures in areas of applications outside of our standard scope of supply.
Performs engineering analyses via hand calculations, spreadsheets, or various internal software programs in regards to strength of materials, statics, dynamics, thermodynamics, vibrations, fluids, fan performance, and sound.
Verifies material selections and provides cost effective alternatives.
Works with Drafters and Bill of Material / Requisitions Writers to review designs, drawings, and bills of material.
Provides engineering data needed by Central Engineering for such tasks as FEA and TRAs.
Utilize current versions of AutoCad and Inventor for design layouts, component verifications, and verify / determine design criteria.
Partners with all central functions such as Quality, Engineering, Finance, IT, and HR to ensure that enabling strategies and tactics are in place and are consistent with broader business strategies and tactics.
Contributes to the pre and post-metric KPI’s and skills to ensure the successful use of the MS AX solution in Aftermarket.
Establishes and drives process improvements to ensure common KPI’s, documented process and change controls, and skill knowledge transfer.
Represents the Company with customers and business partners .
Ensures safe work practices are followed by consistently attending required EH&S training for all staff members, reporting all safety incidents and near misses on a timely basis and maintaining the goal of “zero” lost time incidents.
Engage in continuous improvement for processes included in and adjacent to job role.
Recognize and resolve customer satisfaction issues (both internal and external).
Key Performance Indicators
- Products are designed and engineered to properly satisfy agreed upon specifications and applicable industry standards.
- Fan specific engineering technical knowledge is accumulated, developed, and properly utilized in support of sales objectives.
- Ability to perform engineering tasks, make appropriate technical decisions, and be proficient in timely responses to technical needs of organization.
- Be a key source of technical support for division sales teams.
- Accountable for performing and completing assigned work within proper constraints such as time & budget.
- EH&S Metrics
Experience, Competencies and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical and/or Aerospace Engineering or the professional equivalent.
- Ability to perform & understand engineering calculations.
- Ability to interpret and understand engineering drawings and bills of material.
- Familiarity with various industry standards: i.e. MIL, SAE, ANSI, ASME, and ASTM.
- Experience composing technical documents such as reports and procedures.
- Proficient with Autodesk Inventor 3D and AutoCAD.
- Computer literate, with the knowledge of or the ability to learn engineering selection programs and business systems including Windows and Microsoft Office.
- Knowledgeable of fabricating and assembly of heavy industrial products.
- Logical problem solving skills, outstanding organizational skills, and dedication to quality and integrity. Proven ability to quickly assess complex issues and identify root causes/key success factors.
- Ability to make a technically sound decision and accept responsibility for that decision.
- Motivated, self starter, with the ability to perform duties with minimal supervision and achieve goals.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills.
- High moral and ethical standards, demonstrating respect for the individual and team, and setting an example for compliance with laws, regulations, and corporate requirements.
- The positive attitude, ethics, and values necessary to support the company's mission and a high performance culture.
- Effective in a variety of formal and informal presentation settings; one-on-one, small and large groups, inside and outside the organization..
- Minimum of 5 years experience within an air and gas handling, rotating equipment, or heavy industrial firm.
- Experience in lean manufacturing and continuous improvement environment.
- Experience working in a matrix organization where influence, indirect leadership and compelling ideas are used to accomplish organizational objectives.
- Experience working with ERP and other technology tools.
- Advanced degree.
- Professional Engineering license or the ability to obtain one.
Primary Customer/Supplier Relationships
- Supply Chain
- Project Management
- Quality Assurance
- Sales and Applications
- Field Service
- Shared Services (HR, Marketing, Central Engineering, etc.)
- HNA Key Customers
- HNA Key Suppliers
- Consulting Engineers
Environmental Working Conditions
- Computer Use
- General Office Conditions
Howden - 2 years ago