The Design Engineer performs design functions which include design layouts,
design calculations, detailing when required, overseeing testing of prototypes
as well as writing engineering reports.
· Product design work in the development of new products and the modification
and adaptation of existing products. Selected candidate will be working on and
assigned component or assembly designs, under the supervision of a Project
· Candidate will be required to instruct and advise drafting and design
personnel on selection of materials and related design specifications
· The position requires an active role during assembly and test of
experimental units, prepares test directives and reports
· Position requires coordinating with the Manufacturing Department on the
feasibility of processing the designed products
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical)
- 0 - 3 years design engineering experience
- Experience with 3D modeling using SolidWorks preferred
- Working knowledge of manufacturing processes preferred
- Understanding of machinery safety requirements preferred
- Experience with equipment risk assessments preferred
- Understanding of drawing standards
- Conceptual design capabilities
- Understanding of mechanical fatigue and stress analyses
- Experienced performing FEA analysis, SolidWorks Simulation preferred
- EI in the state of Oklahoma preferred.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.