THE MILITARY SECTOR OF MOOG’S AIRCRAFT GROUP IS LOOKING FOR AN INNOVATIVE MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER WHO THRIVES ON WORKING ON A VARIETY OF PRODUCTS AND CREATING NEW TECHNICALLY CHALLENGING DESIGNS
• Take pride in creating technical solutions to new designs
• Grow in a business that produces cutting-edge products
• Enjoy an atmosphere of trust where you can do your best
• Be respected and recognized for your knowledge and contributions
You can expect to be a key contributor to the analysis, conceptual design, development, and testing of complex electro-mechanical systems used on military aircraft. For example, one of the first things you’ll be working on is the conformal weapons bay (CWB) for the F-15 Silent Eagle. The Silent Eagle is a cost-effective, high-performance fighter aircraft to defend against future threats. The F-15SE offers unique aerodynamic, avionic and Radar Cross Section (RCS)-reduction features that provide the user with maximum flexibility to dominate the ever-changing advanced threat environment. The CWBs which can carry a variety of air-to-air and air-to-ground weapons are a key RCS reduction feature. The Silent Eagle's CWBs can be easily removed, and the aircraft can be rapidly reconfigured into the combat-proven external carriage/conformal fuel tank based on mission requirements.
Key Expertise that you’ll need:
• BS degree in engineering with extensive experience in creating successful designs of electromechanical, mechanical, electrohydraulic and/or electropneumatic actuators and systems
• At least 5 years experience with a proven record of accomplishments including successfully developing and producing designs and a demonstrated ability to cooperatively participate in a product design team.
• A broad background in design analysis, including stress analysis, kinematics, strength of materials, fluid mechanics, and vibration
• Experience in cost optimization of existing products
• 3D design software experience, preferably Unigraphics
• The ability to communicate effectively with team members, customers, vendors, and suppliers at all levels.
Moog is a performance culture that encourages people to achieve great things. Working with us can mean deeper job satisfaction, better rewards and a good quality of life inside and outside of work . Click to learn more about our unique and innovative culture *Due to U.S. Government and Military contracts candidates must be either a U.S. Citizen or Green Card holder. EEO/AA #M
Moog, Inc - 11 months ago