Pall is a Fortune 1000 materials science and engineering company with the broadest filtration, separation and purification capabilities in the world. Our process and product enabling technologies help our customers make good products better, safer and even possible. We provide innovative products to customers in health care, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, semiconductor, and municipal drinking water, aerospace and industrial manufacturing markets. Headquartered in Long Island, NY, Pall has operations in every major country.
Title: Design Engineer
Overview of Position:
As the Product Design Engineer you will be responsible for managing design, development, and qualification of PAC PUREair products (Barrier and/or vortex separation technology).
- Design product to conform to customer specifications and requirements.
- Use engineering tools including Catia 3-D solid modeling software, and basic finite element analysis tools.
- Perform dimensional tolerance analysis, fluid flow calculations, and basic stress calculations.
- Creation of manufacturing drawings and engineering documentation for the production of new products.
- Maintain established project schedules through the design cycle
- Work with PAC applications engineers and customers to define the design requirements for aircraft components to be produced by PAC.
- Perform any calculations that are required to verify designs will meet customer requirements.
- Work with CAD designers and draftsmen to create all levels of drawings required for manufacturing and assembly of the product.
- Specify PAC manufacturing and process specifications to control manufacturing processes.
- Manage all project design functions through qualification.
- Fully understand all Engineering Operations Procedures.
- BA Mechanical Engineer Degree.
- 2-3 Experienced in spreadsheet analysis, report writing, and 3-D solid modeling software applications.
The above describes the essential content of and requirements for proficient performance in the position and is not meant to be all-inclusive.
- 2-3 years’ experience in Engineering Design
- 2-3 years’ experience Catia software application
- 2-3 years’ experience Sheet metal design and applications
- Aerospace internship experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, religion, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military or protected veteran status or marital status. US Citizenship or Resident Alien status required to support government programs and projects
Pall Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, religion, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military or protected veteran status or marital status.
With operations around the globe, Pall is not small. The company operates two businesses globally: Life Sciences and Industrial. The Life...