We are currently seeking an experienced Design Engineer for a large manufacturing facility in the Tulsa, OK area. This is a direct hire opportunity that includes a great benefits package. The salary for this position will depend on experience ($50k-$75k).
To apply for this position, please reply to this posting with a current resume for immediate consideration. Resumes may also be faxed to 919-380-7113.
- Responsibilities include 3D modeling, designing and developing new product ideas or changes, studying and evaluating their potential and practicality.
- Assignments include design and development of simple to complex products, model parts and assemblies & create detail drawings and illustrations.
- Coordinates work with Test and Development Engineer/Technician and other Engineering personnel.
- Work in a cross functional team environment.
- Requires layout, detail, and theoretical support calculations for product concepts.
- Determines specifications of parts, assemblies, accessories, and components according to manufacturing feasibility and operating requirements.
- Calculates design specifications utilizing tabled and charted data or standard mathematical formulas
- Leads Failure Mode & Effects Analysis meetings and documents results
- Checks product design to determine the cause of operational failure, when required
- Provides technical assistance to senior management
- Analyzes our own products and those manufactured by competitors
- Plans testing to demonstrate performance and life expectations
- Seeks the concurrence of design engineers to better assure accurate conclusions.
- Recommends assembly and disassembly procedures for series production
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Manager of Engineering
- Bachelor's degree in Design or Mechanical Engineering, or other applicable engineering or technical degree, and a minimum of four (4) years engineering experience in a precision machining manufacturing environment
- SolidWorks software knowledge and skill
- Strong mechanical aptitude and associated experience such as auto mechanics
- Communicates accurately and effectively, both orally and writing (Microsoft Office)
- Detail oriented and well organized, self motivated
- Acquires new tools, equipment and outside services to enhance and augment testing and engineering needs
- Willing to travel on occasion
- Flexibility to effectively adapt to changing conditions and job assignments
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Location: North America
Rigzone.com - 13 months ago
When a small or midsized business is short on labor, SOS Staffing Services answers the call for help. Founded in 1973, the company provides...