Engineer - Design
Honda R & D Americas, Inc.
21001 State Route 739
Raymond, OH 43067
5353 Fisher Rd.
Columbus, OH 43288
Reports to: Supervisor
Business Unit/Office: TPNO & GMBU
Career Level: TC1/TC2/TC3
The information on this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the associate. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required for the job.
Creates & Packages Electrical Distribution Systems through study, challenge, and test methods and through customer, industry, governmental or Yazaki requirements and specification that combines this data with other information to create a design (drawing / data). Reads drawings, communicate effectively with others. Works independently as well as with a team and obtain design information from multiple supporting functional groups. Engineer needs to be willing to learn and advance in their level of knowledge.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Review, implement and recommend revision to work instructions, processes and procedures.
• Effectively communicate with Customers, management, other engineers, sales, manufacturing, quality, and program management.
• Review, interpret, maintain & create specifications, requirements, DFM’s and guidelines.
• Evaluate information provided by the customer for completeness and accuracy.
• Interpret information provided by the customer as applied to the product/project.
• Design and Release Electrical Distribution Systems (wiring) drawings / data to specifications and requirements.
• Conduct benchmarking and warranty analysis.
• Perform rule checks on drawing and data releases.
• Select appropriate components for assemblies that meet vehicle specifications.
• Propose alternatives to designs to reduce cost, weight or improve quality.
• Represent Yazaki Engineering and Manufacturing at Customer Design centers.
• Verify (test) and validate (customer use) designs and properly communicate findings.
• Review and interpret drawings.
• Apply changes to existing products.
• Keep records and timing for the information provided, designs and changes.
• Provide forecast for the delivery of the designs to the proper level.
• Work independently, with some assistance from more experienced associates and directions from direct management.
• Technical diagnostic / trouble-shooting and forensic study and reporting.
• Trace issues and problems to root cause.
• Track all issues related to designs and effectively communicate/report to customer
• Relay design direction and interact with multiple support groups
Degree Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline .
Previous Experience: Ranges based on Engineering Point System (TC1/TC2/TC3)
Travel Requirements: To customer and our affiliate build locations
On Call Requirements: No, however during customer launch, on call requirements may be required
Physical Requirements: General office plus the ability to work with your hands during wire harness and vehicle builds.
SPECIAL SKILLS SKILL LEVEL
Basic Intermediate Advanced
• Understand electrical properties or mechanical packaging by use of 3D modeling techniques / simulation or physical samples
• Understand, create and implement DVP&Rs, DFMEAs, DOE’s and other quality related documents and processes
• Resolve issues by applying creative thinking, think and act logically
• Handle and resolve build issues with product designs in customer locations
• Exhibits technical knowledge: Math, Science, Product Knowledge, Manufacturing Processes, CAD, Legal and Environmental requirements, specifications and standards.
• Shows evidence of Business Knowledge: Customers, Competitors, Suppliers, Industry, Manufacturing, Yazaki Corp.
• Proactively expands one’s knowledge of what is going on in other parts of Yazaki and the automotive industry.
• Demonstrate when to lead and when to follow in team situations.
• Shares information and expertise with others to facilitate organizational learning.
• Takes immediate fact-based action to address or solve a problem in one’s area of responsibility.
• Demonstrates accessibility and is timely and responsive in dealing with customers.
• Understand and possess a working knowledge of customer’s processes and procedures
Applicant must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for company sponsorship for employment visa status
Your ability to interact with your car's computer system might be pre-determined by its YNA. Yazaki North America (YNA) is a leading...