This position is part of the GLOBALFOUNDRIES Technology Foundations Department located in Malta, NY. The Technology Foundations team is responsible for delivering high quality design manuals and design support to our customers across all technologies. The team will develop, evaluate, validate, and manage the change process of technology design rules (TDR), electrical design rules (EDR), reliability design rules, booleans etc. and maintain the passive devices roadmap and unit cells.
- This person will work with cross-functional teams (process integration, module, litho, OPC, ISDA Alliance team, GLOBALFOUNDRIES design enablement team and Fabs, key design customers, etc.) to:
- Define high quality design rules
- Coordinate design manual publishing activities per schedule
- Drive Si validation of the design manuals to build customer satisfaction for GLOBALFOUNDRIES
- The candidate will also play the role as interface person to both internal and external design customers for all design rule related inquiries
- Ownership of design manuals and coordination of design manual publishing activities
- Driving design manual publishing schedule to meet GLOBALFOUNDRIES technology roadmap requirement.
- Developing, evaluating, validating and managing the change process of design rules
- Providing customer support to both internal and external design teams on design rule related inquiries
- B.S. with 6-7 years of experience, M.S. with 5-6 years of experience, or PhD with 3-4 years of experience
- Minimum of 3 years of Semiconductor industry experience in device, process integration or unit process areas
- Experience and knowledge in design tools, physical layout design and design/process interaction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Semiconductor device physics,
- Processes technology and design rule development for advanced technologies
- Extensive experience on design rule calculation with various methodologies including rule margin analysis, Monte Carlo simulation and litho simulation
- Have design customer interaction experience
- Design manual generation and publication experience
- Design tool experience and good understanding on process and design layout interaction
- Proven leadership experience in cross-functional teams and excellent written and verbal communication skill
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the world’s first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global footprint. Launched in March 2009, the company has quickly achieved scale as the second largest foundry in the world, providing a unique combination of advanced technology and manufacturing to more than 160 customers. With operations in Singapore, Germany and the United States, GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the only foundry that offers the flexibility and security of manufacturing centers spanning three continents. The company’s three 300mm fabs and five 200mm fabs provide the full range of process technologies from mainstream to the leading edge. This global manufacturing footprint is supported by major facilities for research, development and design enablement located near hubs of semiconductor activity in the United States, Europe and Asia. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is owned by the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC).
For more information on GLOBALFOUNDRIES, visit www.globalfoundries.com
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V).
GLOBALFOUNDRIES - 14 months ago