Design Rules Engineer
- This position is for an individual contributor engineer within GLOBALFOUNDRIES Technology Foundations Department. The Technology Foundations team is responsible for delivering high quality design manuals and design support to our customers across all technologies. The team will develop, evaluate, validate, and manage the change process of technology design rules (TDR), electrical design rules (EDR), reliability design rules, booleans etc. and to maintain the passive devices roadmap and unit cells. This position will be located in Malta, NY.
This person will work with cross-functional teams (process integration, litho, OPC, ISDA Alliance team, GLOBALFOUNDRIES design enablement team and Fabs, key design customers, etc.) to:
· Define high quality design rules
· Coordinate design manual publishing activities per schedule
· Drive Si validation of the design manuals to build customer satisfaction for GLOBALFOUNDRIES
· The candidate will also play the role as interface person to both internal and external design customers for all design rule related inquiries
Candidates should have a deep knowledge of the following:
· Semiconductor device physics,
· Processes technology and design rule development for advanced technologies
· Extensive experience on design rule calculation with various methodologies including rule margin analysis, Monte Carlo simulation and litho simulation
· Have design customer interaction experience.
· Layout and Design tool experience and good Understanding on process and design layout interactions.
· Design manual generation and publication experience.
· Proven leadership experience in cross-functional teams and excellent written and verbal communication skill.
Provide customer support to both internal and external design teams on design rule related inquiries.
Analyze Layout to identify design issues, propose and enable competitive solutions.
Develop, evaluate, validate and manage the change process of design rules.
Drive design rule alignment with different internal teams to meet GLOBALFOUNDRIES technology roadmap requirement.
· M.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Solid State Physics, or other relevant engineering discipline is required.
· Minimum of 3 years of Semiconductor industry experience in device, process integration or unit process areas.
· Experience and knowledge in design, physical layout tools and design/process interaction.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and project management skills, teamwork and problem solving
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Self-motivated, persistent, hard/smart working
· Be able to work under tight timelines
· Design for manufacturing experience and programming skill is desirable
· Design manual publishing experience is preferred.
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is the world’s first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global footprint. Launched in March 2009, the company has quickly achieved scale as the second largest foundry in the world, providing a unique combination of advanced technology and manufacturing to more than 160 customers. With operations in Singapore, Germany and the United States, GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the only foundry that offers the flexibility and security of manufacturing centers spanning three continents. The company’s three 300mm fabs and five 200mm fabs provide the full range of process technologies from mainstream to the leading edge. This global manufacturing footprint is supported by major facilities for research, development and design enablement located near hubs of semiconductor activity in the United States, Europe and Asia. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is owned by the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC).
For more information on GLOBAL FOUNDRIES , visit www.globalfoundries.com .
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V).
GLOBALFOUNDRIES - 11 months ago