Aero Communications, Inc.
Title : Design Technician
Title Code : DESIGNTECH
OBU Location: PMI-405, Canton MI
Reports to : Design Project Leaders
Compensation: Hourly – Based on Experience
Days: 5 Day work schedule, possible overtime
Status : Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Reporting Office: 5711 Research Drive, Canton MI 48188
Company and Design Group Summary :
ACI is a full-service telecommunications company (survey, design, construction and maintenance). Our clients are both MSOs (Comcast, Charter, Cablevision) and ODAS providers (Distributed Antenna System administrators for Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile). Currently, fiber optic cable Route and Site Design & Permitting are the Design Group’s primary product. Our “go-to” tools are AutoCAD, Microstation, Photoshop, Adobe Professional, GoogleEarth, ArcGIS and other GIS resources, as well as Microsoft Suite. Our mission is to successfully bid, design and permit projects nationwide. In accomplishing this, our Design Technicians use the latest software resources to perform jurisdictional discovery, translate field notes into CAD format, design the intended route or site and permit the appropriate jurisdiction. Our Group consists of individuals with a wide variety of backgrounds and strengths. Together as a team, we have been very successful in our efforts and have earned a high level of respect within the industry. 2014 is shaping up to be a three-fold increase in projects from 2013, meaning lots of opportunity for growth, experience and possible promotion.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
A successful candidate for this position will be responsible for some or all the following tasks:
v Interpret field/design data and convert to a CAD format in AutoCAD. Prepares complex drawings for Engineering Projects.
v Develop and draft engineering drawings and plans, draft contract documents and manage correspondence for clients and managers. Perform drafting operations for the determination of project plans and collect data for Project designs.
v Demonstrate proficiency AutoCAD. Performs regular computer software and AutoCAD maintenance, upgrading and troubleshooting.
v Perform documentation, research and drafting tasks of engineering data as requested by clients or managers.
v Demonstrate knowledge of accepted industry standard symbology.
v Perform data entry, file management, and some other basic office skills.
v Will be comfortable working with Excel, Word and Outlook as well as other tools.
v Make occasional recommendations/suggestions for additional quality improvement and work efficiencies.
v Perform all other duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate will:
Other Basic Requisite Skills and Knowledge:
- Be proficient in AutoCAD
- Have previous experience in the industry as described above or the willingness to learn and commit to this position
- Be detail-oriented and quality-minded
- Exercise highly competent judgment and initiative in executing his or her responsibilities
- Be able and willing to expand your knowledge, be challenged, and grow with the Design Group in a dynamic and upward trending environment
- Be able to work full-time with occasional overtime at our Canton, MI corporate office
Miscellaneous Skills / Considerations:
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to fully understand and follow highly complex oral and written instructions
- Skills to operate basic office equipment like printers, computer terminals, scanners, copy machines and telephone systems
- Ability to operate, access, and maintain applicable software applications
- Skill in updating, maintaining, operating and evaluating AutoCAD software and related equipment (additional Microstation skills are a plus)
- Highly motivated individual, with proven record of high productivity and quality workmanship
- Should have excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Must be able to pass a background check, per company policy
- Must be a drug free individual
Aero Communications Inc - 6 months ago
At ACI, we are focused on success, both individually and collectively. We pride ourselves on promoting a culture that challenges and engages...