Pleasanton, CA, 94588
6+ Month Contract
Contract Terms: W2
Purpose and Description:
The purpose of this position is to be the technical lead in various projects that are assigned to the Design and Capacity Planning team. As the technical lead, they will be responsible for understanding the business requirements. Work and coordinate with the various technical stakeholders. Manage the deliverable through the IMG SDI process for integration into the HC (Health Connect) community. Through a project plan, they will identify milestones, timelines, and technical strategies in which the deliverable can be implemented and operationalized. Activities include coordinating and leading deliverables of multiple high visible projects. Thus, will need a strong candidate with excellent customer service and communication skills. This individual will also be responsible for managing the project budget thus should have experience with budget management. Provide status reporting to sr. management and business stakeholders. Partner with product experts on presentations to business (which would require strong presentation skills in which technical information can be understood by the business/stakeholders in order to assist them in making project decisions) In addition, will need to have extensive large project management and the ability to work well with all types of technical and business personnel. Partnering with vendor to gain further product knowledge. Provide Risk Assessment and Manage resolution.
- Create the technical requirements template for new projects coming into the Design and Capacity Planning organization.
- Create a weekly dashboard to provide project status to the business.
- Create and maintain a project plan that includes all project milestones, tasks in order to complete the project.
- Partnering with business partners to understand project requirement and determine timeline, strategy, and risks/mitigations.
- Communicating with business partners, project managers, and technical SMEs.
- Establishing and implementing best practices and guidelines for processing new projects that will be integrated within the HC community.
- 10+ years of successful project management experience
- Must have experience giving presentation to top level executives and for this reason must have excellent, proven oral and written communication skills.
- Must have a background demonstrating excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels and across organizational lines, including the business units.
- Demonstrated experience working with outside vendors and internal resources to produce timely and effective results.
- Demonstrated success at building team relationships and partnerships across organizational lines.
- Advanced to Expert knowledgeable in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project).
- Must have a Systems Analyst, Engineer, Architect or other Systems related background does not have to be recent.
- Knowledgeable of the Change management process, Software Development Life Cycle and have a proven track record for delivering successful implementations
Knowledgeable of Healthcare systems for Clinical Care, Practice Management is a plus.
- Knowledge of and experience working in Visio
- Knowledgeable and experienced in multiple computing platforms (IBM AIX, UNIX, EMC, MVS).
Skills to be successful in this role:
- BA/BS degree (Computer Science concentration preferred)
Standard Work Hours:
- Ability to effectively utilize external vendors and resources throughout the organization.
- The ability to be articulate, customer focus and project driven.
- Must be self motivated, well organized and have strong innovation and facilitation skills.
- Manage multiple project across company
- Ability to drive projects
- Issue resolution and management
- Ability to integrate
- Effective communicator
- Flexible - normally you will be working normal business hours of 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Some adjustment may be needed as scheduling conflicts arise. You will also be on-call one weekend a month.