Our Designated Principal, Complex Products will be responsible for supervising sales activities in Complex Products as defined by Regulatory Notice 12-03 for clients of OSJ Branch Managers. This position also provides secondary oversight for transactions in complex products for clients of Advisors supervised by field OSJ’s to ensure sufficient supervision has been conducted.
Essential Functions :
1. Performing daily and periodic supervision of trading in Alternative Investments, Structured Products and Leveraged/Inverse Exchange Traded Products. Also, providing secondary oversight of supervision conducted by field OSJ’s in these areas.
2. Communicate/work with Designated Principals and Supervisory Principals to identify broader sales practice issues. This can include but is not limited to assisting with Business Practice Reviews, providing expert opinion at ABC and sending referrals to the appropriate supervisors.
3. Serve on various committees and projects as determined by IAS Supervision Management.
Other Job Duties :
1. Serve as a subject matter expert for Advisors, OSJ’s, peers and other members of GRC in the area of complex products.
2. Act as key contact for internal departments, such as Operations, Service Center, Legal and various departments across Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC).
3. Assist with regulatory exams and requests as well as assist with the maintenance of the department’s written supervisory procedures.
4. Provide expert insight into the complex workings of AI’s, SP’s and ETP’s.
Minimum Education Required: Undergraduate degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related discipline
Minimum Experience Required: 4+ years industry experience
Licenses/Certifications Required/Preferred: Series 7, 66 (or 63 and 65), 24 (or 9 and 10), required. Series 4 and 53 a plus. Life and Health Insurance License a plus.
Software/Systems Skills Required/Preferred: All Microsoft applications, particularly, Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, and Visio. Familiarity with BETA a plus
- Ability to work in a fast paced/high volume environment and be flexible with work schedule
- In-depth knowledge of Alternative Investments, Structured Products and Leveraged/Inverse Exchange traded products required.
- This position requires a higher than usual knowledge of products and candidates should expect to spend a portion of their time reading prospectuses, offering memorandums, sales literature, etc.
- Ability to multi-task, strong attention to detail, excellent problem-solving and follow-up skills are essential for this position
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to make regulatory and supervisory-based decisions will be necessary to complete the day-to-day functions of the role and for staff support in their role as Complex Product Supervisor
- Strong mentoring skills
- Proactive collaboration and service-based responses with business partners on escalated issues and concerns is essential
- Excellent management, and human relations skills
- Ability to develop compliance systems and strategies for effective supervision
- Knowledge of FINRA, SEC, MSRB, and State rules and regulations
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
Go back to the welcome page
Need further assistance?
Applicant Tracking Software
LPL Financial Services - 20 months ago