LPL Financial is currently looking for a Designated Principal to join our Compliance Supervision group. Our Designated Principal is responsible for supervising OSJ Branch Managers, and in this position you will be responsible for ensuring that the assigned OSJ’s are meeting the standards and requirements of supervision set forth by regulatory agencies and the firm.
1. Performing daily and periodic supervision of trading activity by reviewing transactions on a trade blotter, review and approval of variable annuities, mutual funds, and securities transactions for suitability and documentation. D
aily review and approval of email and client correspondence. Conducting business
practice reviews and leading investigations of questionable sales activity. Researching and responding to regulatory inquiries and examinations.
2. Serve as the primary point of contact for all compliance related matters for assigned OSJ Branch Managers.
3. Serve on various committees and projects as determined by IAS Supervision Management.
Other Job Duties
1. Represent the IAS Supervision Department as an integral and primary resource for Senior Management, peers and advisors.
2. Act as key contact for internal departments, such as Operations, Service Center, Legal and various departments across Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC).
3. Some travel may be required to conduct branch office visits and attend regulatory and Firm conferences as needed
4. Assist with regulatory exams and requests as well as assist with the maintenance of the department’s written supervisory procedures.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related discipline
- 4+ years Compliance experience
- Series 7, 24, 63 or 66 required
- Series 4 and 53 a plus
- Variable Life and Annuity license a plus
- All Microsoft applications, particularly Word, Access and Excel
- Familiarity with BETA a plus
- Ability to work in a fast paced/high volume environment and be flexible with work
- Ability to multi-task, strong attention to detail, excellent problem-solving and
follow-up skills are essential for this position
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to make regulatory and supervisory-based decisions will be necessary to complete the day-to-day functions of the role and for staff support in their role as Designated Principal
- Strong mentoring skills
- Proactive collaboration and service-based responses with business partners on escalated
issues and concerns is essential
- Excellent management, and human relations skills
- Ability to develop compliance systems and strategies for effective supervision
- Knowledge of mutual funds, annuities, general securities, and other financial products
- Knowledge of FINRA, SEC, MSRB, and State rules and regulations