We are looking for a Designer Gallery Curation Intern to play a prominent role in helping build a brand new website feature that showcases high-res imagery from interior designers and decorators. The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter with a keen eye for design (particularly in the area of home décor), and thrives in an entrepreneurial environment.
This role involves working closely with our Product Development and engineering teams, and is a great way to hone skills while gaining exposure to a multitude of opportunities in the areas of website UX, product development, project management, ecommerce, and the home décor industry. As part of your internship you have access to cross-departmental seminars and open discussions with various department leaders.
This position can be either full or part-time and is expected to run through the summer months.
- Review imagery submitted by interior designers/decorators
- Curate products from the Wayfair catalog to match the style/aesthetic of given home décor imagery
- Work with merchandising and technology teams as needed to load product info into system
- Assist with the development of internal tools to improve process efficiency
- Strong communication skills (ideally you are both proactive and concise)
- Strong attention to detail
- Design/visual sensibility a must. Experience in or passion for home design extremely helpful
- Ability to navigate the Wayfair catalog to rapidly access items and categories that match a design aesthetic
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- Savvy internet shopper
- Interest in ecommerce, home décor, and product curation
- Ability to be nimble if priorities/workflows change
Wayfair is the largest online-only retailer of home furnishings and house wares in the United States. We’re looking for the brightest, sharpest, most creative minds in every field to help. Are you one? If you like transparency, friendliness, a relaxed but results-driven work environment filled with like-minded top-tier talent, Wayfair would like to hear from you. We own and operate Wayfair, AllModern, and Joss & Main. We are on target for over $600 million in revenue and currently employ over 1,000 employees in offices located in Boston, Utah, Kentucky, the U.K, Germany, Ireland and Australia. Wayfair was founded in 2002 and is privately held and profitable. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, pre-IPO equity, a long-term and sustainable, next-generation, e-commerce business model as well as surprising and generous perks designed to attract and retain the brightest people who are incredibly excited about what they do. Wayfair is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Come join us at http://www.wayfair.com/careers.
Wayfair does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Wayfair will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.
Visit our Site: http://www.wayfair.com
Find us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/wayfair
Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/wayfair
Check out our YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/therealwayfair
Wayfair - 18 months ago
Wayfair.com offers a zillion things home – the largest selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price...