The Designer, Motion Graphics is responsible for the creation, development and deployment of designs, animations, and real-time graphics directories at an intermediate level. This position provides creative support for daily production and long-range assignments, contributes to group projects and works independently on assignments when needed. This is a hands-on position requiring individuals who possess a strong ability to learn quickly, push their creativity and software skills to higher levels, and actively communicate on all phases of a project to maintain the quality of ESPN’s on-air product.
ESPN, Inc., The Worldwide Leader in Sports, is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment company featuring the broadest portfolio of multimedia sports assets with over 50 business entities. Headquartered in Bristol, Connecticut, ESPN is 80% owned by ABC, Inc. (a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company), and 20% by the Hearst Corporation.
ESPN was founded by Bill Rasmussen and launched on September 7, 1979. Now with over 6,500 employees, each year ESPN televises more than 5,100 live and/or original hours of sports programming. The company’s mission is to serve sports fans. Anytime. Anywhere.
• Utilizes Adobe, Cinema4D, VIZ-RT, and ESPN proprietary software to create advanced designs and animations for network productions and long-range assignments.
• Creates and evolves graphics looks for studio and remote productions.
• Creates and develops graphics directories for studio shows and remote events
• Translates project details and creative direction into custom design, animation, and layout solutions.
• Participates on special assignments such as in-house/off-site training and technical support for packagers, remote freelancers, and vendors.
• Displays ability to research and answer technical questions with respect to design/animation techniques or systems in use.
• Prepares image files for programs and maintains ESPN Image Management System (IMS).
• Proactively collaborates within the ESPN Creative Services group to contribute on longer-term initiatives.
• Demonstrates eagerness to regularly contribute creative ideas, desire to push designs/animations to the next level, and aptitude to learn new software to enhance individual versatility in the department, including Viz Script, Java, VB or equivalent scripting functions and logic
• Observes graphic format deviations and enforces ESPN graphic look.
• Adheres to proper file management techniques to ensure efficient archiving and subsequent retrieval of projects.
• Recognizes, reports, and helps troubleshoot equipment/software/work environment issues.
• Adheres to all administrative responsibilities, including time entry and daily reporting requirements.
• Participates in at least 32 hours of supplemental training/shadowing each year to promote personal growth and understanding of other ESPN departments and workflows.
• Maintains high standards of efficiency, consistency, accuracy, creativity and timely delivery of all requests.
• Must be highly motivated, work well under pressure, and regularly effectively prioritize multiple assignments.
• Possesses strong individual and team communication skills with the ability to take direction well.
• Displays keen attention to detail, spelling and grammar.
• Strong hands-on knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Premiere and Adobe AfterEffects.
• Demonstrated 3D animation skills with good understanding of animation principles and theory.
• Online portfolio/demo reel showcasing your creativity, design and type layout skills.
• Must work flexible hours (days of the week, nights, weekends and holidays) and may be required to travel, as assignments or training necessitate.
• Must have reliable transportation to work.
• A least 1 year of hands-on design/graphics/animation/motion experience with Adobe/Cinema4D/Maya/VIZ-RT or related software equivalents in a major TV market or network level.
• Passion for sports and a desire to create visually appealing imagery to enhance ESPN programming.
• Familiarity with ESPN programming and family of networks.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you’ll have the opportunity to join a team that’s beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you‘ve been looking for.
ESPN, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.
ESPN, Inc. The Worldwide Leader in Sports, is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment company featuring the broadest...