Common Sense Media is the leading independent nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of kids and families by providing the information, education, and independent voice they need to thrive in a world of media and technology. We are growing and getting national media attention on almost a daily basis – if you don’t send us your CV you’ll kick yourself!
Presently we are seeking a talented Designer to be responsible for designing and producing materials to support all of Common Sense Media's communication activities.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- design spanning both print and digital
- designing and updating print collateral spanning brochures, PDFs, internal office materials
- graphical support for the editorial and marketing teams
- designing and updating basic HTML coding of email newsletters
- working with various teams across the organization
- conceptualizing original ideas that can span across multiple communication channels
- some custom illustration
WHAT WE NEED TO SEE ON YOUR RESUME:
- 3+ years of design
- An impressive, wide range portfolio showing your creative reach
- Proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, PowerPoint
- Print knowledge/expertise
- Digital design knowledge
- Basic HTML understanding
- Can manage your projects from start to finish
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with occasional lightning fast turnaround times
- Great communicator and collaborator
- Ability to present your designs to various stakeholders
- Highly detailed
- Can solve challenges creatively and effectively
THE X FACTOR :
You are calm, mature, organized and able to work on multiple projects with overlapping deadlines as well as troubleshoot technical and resource issues
You are a skilled communicator and collaborator and are inspired by the Common Sense Media mission
You have a great sense of humor – even when meeting tough deadlines.
WHAT WE OFFER
A chance to work with talented, passionate professionals
Very competitive Salary and Benefits based on experience
An organization that offers work/lifestyle balance
Competitive benefits including, Medical, Dental, Vision and a matching 401(k) plan
The opportunity to really make a difference in the lives of kids this generation and the next!
Common Sense Media values the diversity of its employees and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Qualified candidates only please send your resume as a Word attachment for immediate consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Common Sense Media Inc. - 9 months ago