Well known as a retail industry leader, Daymon Worldwide has evolved from its roots as a Private Brand pioneer into a full-service retail branding and sourcing company with a global presence. Daymon’s portfolio of companies has expertise across a full array of retail services, including Private Brand Development, Strategy & Branding, Sourcing & Logistics, Retail Merchandising and Consumer Experience Marketing. Daymon Worldwide provides its leading-edge services through multiple business units organized under one corporate umbrella. As a company of 22,000 associates operating on six continents, we bring an enterprise-wide window to the world and real-time experience that is surpassed by none.
The position d evelops creative concepts and pushes the limits of design to create award-winning brands, packaging and shopper marketing materials. The incumbent will also follow the creative process and help other branding, packaging and shopper marketing designers with the creative process. They will work closely with senior staff in executing design projects for both internal Daymon and external client audiences..
Duties, Responsibilities and Expected Contributions
- Create the overall look and feel of a wide range of branding, packaging and shopper marketing projects. Comfortable working in all areas of brand development, logo design, layout and art directed composition for packaging and marketing materials.
- Design and lay out project deliverables based on approved branding guidelines as well as new creative based on agreed-to strategies and project objectives.
- Display excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with diverse personalities from creative and production artists to account managers, suppliers and customers. Build strong working relationships with all members of design team with a “can-do” attitude.
- Interact with internal and external customers to identify design strategy and approach of projects
- Contribute to potential new business opportunities by gaining an understanding of the customer’s needs, contributing ideas and content
- Collaborate with different business units and sales team to take a project from conception through testing and production
- Work with a cross-functional team to design world-class branding and marketing campaigns by translating product and business requirements into engaging concepts and finished artwork.
- Bachelors degree or similar
- Minimum of 2-5 years of prior related experience
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office application and Keynote experience a plus
- In-depth industry knowledge: typography, illustration, photography, color theory, graphic design, writing/editing, corporate identity & the ability to understand and apply branding guidelines
- Must have good communication and mentoring skills.