F+W Media is a leading enthusiast-based provider of community focused content, commerce, and connectivity. Through the publication of books and magazines, the hosting and management of ecommerce and vertical websites, and the production of in person and online conferences, F+W Media has become a leader in the passion focused markets it serves. The company is currently searching for a Designer .
The Designer will be part of a dynamic, creative team of book and magazine designers who specialize in creating illustrated how-to books and magazines for beginning and intermediate enthusiasts in wide variety of topics.
1. Conceptualize and execute book covers and interiors for 6-12 books per year on various subjects, criteria as follows:
2. Work closely with editorial team members to ensure books meet the above goals, maintain the overall design and brand of their respective communities/audience.
- Well-designed, creative, appealing and current
- Meet marketing and editorial goals and objectives
- Deadlines are met and efficiently executed and produced within budget
- Meet F+W Mediaquality standards and productivity goals
3. Work closely with the Production Department to make sure books are produced efficiently and with high quality standards in a timely manner. Deliver files prepared with Prepress guidelines outlined. Review color proofs for quality.
4. Assist in the workflow and production of magazines. Assist Art Director for magazine per Design manager instruction as needed.
5. Creation of eBooks and digital shorts within F+W Mediaguidelines keeping with the design of the source book. This includes following best practices for file creation and work with Digital Content/QA team ensuring final product is correct and works on various eReader platforms (i.e. iPad, Kindle or Nook).
6. Create ancillary products for various imprints, that include but not limited to, eBooks, PDFs, DVDs and kits.
7. Illustration/image research and procurement, retouching, placing them in the file.
8. Create and execute concepts for series designs, covers, back panels, and sales materials.
9. Workflow is managed by Managing Designers.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Degree in graphic design, marketing/communications or related field is required
Experience with InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acorbat Professional, Dreamweaver, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Expertise with multi-page documents, master pages and style sheets and proven typographic skills required.
Knowledge of print production is essential.
Experience with art direction of photo shoots a plus. An eye for detail is required.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete our online application .
This entry was posted in Careers , Design . Bookmark the permalink .
← Editorial Intern- Fine Art, Magazines
Comments are closed.
F+W Media, Inc. - 24 months ago