Responsible for assisting customers in making living
spaces safe, functional and
attractive by combining colors and textures together as
well as by utilizing lighting and
The functions listed describe the business purpose of
this job. Specific duties or tasks
may vary and be documented separately. The employee
might not be required to
perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be
assigned, and functions may be
modified, according to business necessity.
- Plans, designs and suggests interior environments for
and industrial buildings.
and function, types of
- Meets with customers to determine preferences, purpose
materials and budget when planning interior and exterior
as space planning, layout
- Advises customers about interior design factors such
and utilization of furnishing, equipment, color schemes
and color coordination.
to formulate a plan and sell
- Integrates findings and knowledge of interior design
the appropriate products to complete the plan.
illustrations, estimates material
- Renders design ideas in the form of drawings or
requirements and costs, and presents design(s) for
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS (includes education)
years of interior design
- Bachelor's Degree or Interior Design Degree and 3
experience, or an equivalent combination of education
and experience sufficient
to perform the essential functions of the job, as
determined by the company.
Additional relevant experience can be substituted for
the required education on
the basis of one calendar year of experience for one
academic year of education.
manner and gather an analyze
- Hard surface flooring experience is a plus.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to multi-task with urgency.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely
WORKING CONDITIONS (physical/mental demands)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the
physical and mental capacity to
perform effectively all essential functions. In addition
to other demands, the demands of
the job include:
executives, customers, staff
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities,
and the general public, occasionally under conditions of
urgency and in pressure
- Required ability to handle multiple tasks
- Computer usage.
- Handling and being exposed to sensitive and
stooping, kneeling, crouching
- Regular talking and hearing.
- Occasional walking, reaching with hands and arms,
occasionally up to 25
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and
- Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust
- Personal Computer
- Telephone and/or cellular telephone
Floor and Decor - 20 months ago
Floor & Decor provides more choices than the big-box, retail mega-stores. And we offer it for less than what you would find at a...