Prepares clear, complete and accurate design documentation to assist in the sale, manufacture and service of components, products or systems.
Major Areas of Accountability:
1. Works from notes, verbal instructions, sketches and drawings, or engineering specifications; consolidates the information to be used to prepare working plans, layouts and detailed drawings.
2. Reviews the design and helps resolve the details not completely defined. Determines the best combination of all the preliminary information and contributing data to develop the final design.
3. Develops specifications, designs or drawings using engineering principals, established MTS standards, procedures, and instructions. Follows MTS best practices, policies and procedures in the design, layout, and documentation of MTS custom and standard products.
4. Provides the required level of documentation for custom or standard projects. Specific tasks may include making models, drawings and assemblies and Bill of Materials using the CAD system and other computer tools, as required. Follows all MTS CAD Best Practices for model creation, drawing creation, file management and revision control.
5. Verifies completed work; checks dimensions, Bills of Materials, materials to be used, quantities, processing information, and adherence to Best Practices.
6. Makes reasonable and sound decisions to meet budgets (both labor and cost) and deadlines. Provides scheduling, costing and technical information concerning the designs supported as well as status updates and information to internal departments and external vendors affected by design development.
7. Resolves mechanical and fabrication problems with designed or purchased parts used in a design. Assures that any changes are documented and prepared in accordance with engineering change procedures and in a timely manner.
8. Develops and maintains effective communications and working relationships with all levels of employees. Provides regular feedback and updates to project team members and immediate supervisor about the status of design tasks.
9. Perform all other duties and responsibilities as assigned or apparent.
High school graduate or G.E.D. equivalency & minimum Associates degree or vo-tech certificate in drafting, design, industrial design, industrial engineering, electronics or technical illustration and 6 yrs drafting/design exp; or
10 yrs relevant drafting/design exp.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/M/F/V/D
E-mail and password are case sensitive. Forgot your password?
For assistance, please see the Applicant Guide ,
or send an email to EmploymentCoordinator@mts.com
For Special Accommodation, click here .
Information about Security
© 2007 | All Rights Reserved. | Powered by HRsmart | Human Resources Software
MTS Systems Corporation - 13 months ago
In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes -- and those things tested by MTS Systems. The company produces testing systems that...