This position is responsible for maintaining effective mechanical design bases for transformer layouts and for providing technical expertise to customers both within and outside of the organization. This role will review projects assigned to them comparing customer specifications to other design data, noting any inconsistencies or special requirements. Mechanical Designers will be expected to utilize any and all operating programs to function effectively.
• Complete transformer mechanical design including internal and external layout of components and accessories based on documentation provided in project design folder, standard practices, and/or from technical advisors.
• Calculate dimensions, allowances, and specifications per standard procedures or general design knowledge of shop capabilities when standard procedures do not exist. Verify and update programs as required.
• Provide technical support and training of others when required.
• Assist the supervisor in the planning and scheduling of the design and detailing processes.
• Responsible for directing or executing corrective action when shop problems are encountered. Consult with shop and QA personnel on interferences or interpretation of engineering information.
• Assist on development projects as requested by supervisor. This may also include completion of standard processes or practices and computer programs.
• Recommend and develop new procedures to improve the efficiency of the design and/or detailing process.
• Provide support to Quote Designers, such as bid or preliminary outlines and mechanical optimization.
• Associate’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering Drafting and Design or approved equivalent
• Previous experience in ProE and Microsoft Office required
• Experience working in a union environment preferred
• SAP experience preferred
• Proven ability to perform assignments under minimal supervision, with assistance as required for design questions or technical problems
How To Apply
If you are open to pursuing this time sensitive opportunity, please complete an application online by clicking "APPLY NOW." To begin your application, we recommend that you either copy and paste your resume or upload your resume. This process takes approximately 5 minutes to complete. If you do not have a resume to upload, you may build a resume online; this option may take up to 20 minutes to complete. Thank you for your interest in our company.
SPX is an EOE
SPX Corp. controls the ebb and flow of multiple industries. The company operates from four units: Flow Technology (pumps, valves, other...