Our Mining group works with some of the world's largest mining companies and provides the industry with a full suite of services and solutions. We are a leader in underground mining engineering and related technology, serving the largest, deepest, and most technically challenging mines in the world. This is where great ideas and rewarding careers are built. Our professionals are specialists in underground mining methods/mine development, complete infrastructure in support of underground operations, process and materials handling, electrical power and instrumentation, controls and automation, mine ventilation, mine headframes and hoisting systems. The ongoing success of our team allows you to set the pace of your career.
Our Mining Practice is looking for an experienced professional to serve as "Designer" in our growing practice in Tempe, Arizona.
Designers work directly with Project Managers and design project teams in producing designs and details to company standards. Designers are responsible for design and detailing of assemblies and arrangements.
WORKING CONDITIONS/REGULATORY REQUIREMENTS
The position requires the incumbent to work Monday through Friday in an office environment.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 5 years design experience with an emphasis on civil / structural design in mine and mine infrastructure (both surface and underground).
- Expert in AutoCAD software with 3D capability.
- Recent experience using 3D design and modeling software / techniques.
- Substantive experience in design of surface and underground concrete, walkways, equipment supports, steel head frames, steel sets, and steel structures.
- Substantive experience in producing structural layouts and detailed drawings for construction.
- Specialized Knowledge: Good written and oral communication skills and attention to detail.
- Must be organized and able to demonstrate leadership ability.
- An in-depth understanding of the applicable Mining and Safety Acts, Regulations and Codes is essential.
- Excellent communication and team building skills are a must along with an understanding of construction methods, practices, and materials.
Stantec - 22 months ago
Stantec knows you don't become one of the top global design firms by standing around. Through more than 150 locations in North...