POSITION SUMMARY Create or modify designs, models and detail drawings/bill of materials as required for assigned projects. Provide technical support for product development and engineering efforts.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible to create/maintain customer CAE/CAD models and detail drawings within customer data management systems and standards.
- Support customer designs and builds through collaboration with key customer contacts, or in support of engineering.
- Responsible for the preparation of designs, models and detail drawings, demonstrating leadership and providing technical guidance for the projects assuring they are in conformance with divisional standards and customer requirements.
- Maintain expert knowledge of the CAD and computer systems, developing and establishing program design guidelines and standards. Assist in the training and development of other department employees.
- Provide assistance and technical support in the development, implementation, and interpretation of standards and procedures for continuous improvement in product designs, manufacturing, and drafting.
- Assist in the administrative duties of the department, regarding record keeping and the analysis of technical data.
- Follow all company policies and procedures such as the quality management system, BOS and environmental health and safety.
- For Grade 19 an Associate Degree in Engineering Technology or related field with 4 years CAD experience and 4 years of product design experience.
- For Grade 20 an Associate Degree in Engineering Technology or related field with 6 years CAD experience and 6 years of product design experience.
- Working knowledge of drafting skills, CAD and PC applications.
- Demonstrate skills in English / metric conversions, have mathematical competency in algebra / geometry / trigonometry and knowledge and experience with GD&T.
- Ability to interact with Designers, Engineers, and Marketing with good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability for occasional travel to plants / suppliers and to work overtime if required to support projects.
- Be a highly motivated individual with ability to work in a team environment.
Minimum 3 years design experience. Elastomer design experience preferred.
- Individuals in this position must possess Computer Aided Design skills and be able to function effectively on CAD systems being used to create product drawings.
- 3-D skills are required to accurately create product models and develop sheet drawings in support of development, manufacturing, and customers.
- Additional computer skills are required to manipulate files, create documents (word processing and spread sheets) and access corporate databases.
- Verbal and written communication skills (fluent in Microsoft Office products) related to technical design information are required.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as algebra and trigonometry to calculate dimensions, contours, areas, and rotations.
Tenneco Inc. - 16 months ago