Work with the Senior Creative Team to develop creative execution of Customer communication across multiple platforms. And works closely with other design and production staff across remote locations to ensure consistent executions of all creative solutions. Role model and demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
· Collaborate with Art Directors and copy team to develop effective creative across multiple channels, including but not limited to print, broadcast, digital and other emerging media.
· Ability to work independently and manage own schedule within the framework of the team.
· Strong understanding of how to translate business objectives and Kroger communication principles into compelling creative execution.
· Incorporate Company brand standards into creative work.
· Ability to actively participate fully in brainstorming sessions as required to develop new concepts and ideas.
· Assist Art Director in photographic (or video) art direction for all categories of merchandise; including tabletop setups, lay downs, backdrops, environmental scenes and live talent.
· Partner closely with copywriters to ensure consistency in messaging with design.
· Ensure final product is developed within specifications for desired channel.
· Ability to work in a team environment.
· Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Some of the Behaviors needed to successfully perform this position are:
· Puts the Customer First - Anticipates customer needs, champions for the customer, acts with customers in mind, exceeds customers’ expectations, gains customers’ trust and respect.
· Communicates effectively and candidly - Communicates clearly and directly, approachable, relates well to others, engages people and helps them understand change, provides and seeks feedback, articulates clearly, actively listens.
· Achieves results through teamwork – Is open to diverse ideas, works inclusively and collaboratively, holds self and others accountable, involves others to accomplish individual and team goals.
· Leads through positive influence – Demonstrates strong character; builds partnerships; models a conscious balance between work and personal life; takes personal responsibility for own development; role models leadership qualities such as motivation, inspiration, passion and trust.
· Coaches and develops others - Develops and cares about associates, builds effective teams, helps people be their best, values and manages diversity, provides candid and constructive feedback.
· Leads change and innovation - Challenges the status quo, embraces technology, puts forward creative ideas, champions and implements process improvements, gathers the ideas of others, demonstrates good judgment about which ideas will work.
· Executes with excellence - Is action oriented, drives for results, sets clear expectations and milestones, reviews progress, acts decisively, solves problems, can be counted on to consistently meet or exceed goals.
· Provides clear and strategic direction - Plans and organizes well, sets a clear and simple course of action, stays focused on the most important priorities, has the ability to visualize and plan for the future, understands the industry and marketplace.
· Safety Awareness - Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
· 3-5 years in a design position
· Proven ability to conceptualize and design graphic applications to their completion.
· Expertise and flexibility to design for application to sales promotion in the print, broadcast and digital space.
· Proficient with industry-standard design tools and software – preferably Adobe Creative Suite.
· Strong organizational skills with specific attention to detail.
· Clear understanding of marketing and branding best practices.
· Strong communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills and development of others.
· Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
· Ability and willingness to continue education, as necessary.
· Ability to travel independently
Desired Previous Job Experience
· Bachelor or Associate degree in Graphic Arts, Advertising Design or related field
It is the policy of The Kroger Co. to provide equal opportunity for all applicants for employment.
Kroger - 17 months ago