Position : Freelance Desk Assistant
Location: Washington, DC
Fox News Channel is looking for freelance Desk Assistants to work on the Washington, DC Bureau Assignment Desk. This is a growth potential position that can lead to a staff job. A college degree with a concentration in journalism, communications, political science or a related field is required. Experience in a network or local newsroom is also preferred.
The main responsibility of the Desk Assistant will be to assist in coordinating the coverage needs of the Washington, DC Bureau. You will work with television news crews and reporters to cover live events in a fast paced 24-hour news environment. Desk Assistants must maintain a constant curiosity and an aggressive pursuit of news. Research skills of current events and ability to monitor social media for news, also a plus. Candidates must be willing to work all shifts including weekends, nights and overnights.
· Bachelors degree and 1 year of broadcast experience
· Good editorial judgment as well as strong logistical skills
· Knowledge of national politics and the DC area a plus
· The ability to work well in a fast paced and intense atmosphere
· Familiarity with iNews
· Flexibility to work various shifts and weekends when needed
· Motivated, self-starter who is able to work independently as well as in a team environment
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize is a necessity