Desk-side support technician will be is responsible for supporting the IT infrastructure technology providing configuration assistance, performing needs assessments, recommendation, and implementation. This position includes all aspect of system administration, fine tuning, system controls, and documentation. The Engineer may install, configure, upgrade, and troubleshoot any issues related to Desktop management.
Desk-side support technician should have good communication skills, verbal and written. The support technician may have to explain procedures or technical details to customers so the technician must have the ability to be clear and concise. The engineer must also be patient when working with customers who don't understand technical jargons. Written skills are necessary in properly documenting steps performed to resolve a customer's issue or in communicating with other technicians. Good communication skills are also necessary in responding to customers via e-mail or telephone. The technician should be responsible and able to work with little or no supervision.
1. Act as liaison to IT for supporting desktop management & procurement requests
2. Exclusive support for VIP users within community and throughout the board
3. Proficient at researching and implementing break-fixes for all hardware and/or software technologies / issues
4. Physical desk-side support for all computers, phones, printers, etc., at the sites and users stopping by requesting emergency assistance
5. Strong on reimaging process, OS installation processes for both Windows & Mac PCs
6. Knowledge on MDT image deployment
7. Install & support all standard application, viz. MS Office Suite for Windows & Mac, Adobe Acrobat XI, etc.
8. New printer setup, configuration, break-fix & retiring for printers
9. Supporting & managing phone system thru Avaya PBX solution. Responsible for assigning extensions, configuring phones & setting them to user's preferences
10. Be a part of extended support to the helpdesk team operating remotely, and assist as and when physical help is required
11. As a part of procurement process, the technician will be responsible for managing & provisioning new-hires during their start across North America & Canada on timely fashion
12. Managing & setting expectations with the users for their requests
13. Will be responsible for procuring necessary peripherals for the user base within US & Canada
14. Manage asset & standard inventory, align stocking, plan deployment / provisioning of new imaged computers and / or loaner equipment, requesting for re-stocking as & when necessary
15. Audio & video setup and support for meetings happening on-site. Closely work with facilities team to get physical infrastructure ready for the meeting as required
The above listed actions, responsibilities and capabilities are subjected to change, along with time, new solutions & service offerings introduced within the region. This position will be more dynamic & may involve training over a period of time.
Compensation: Competitive Pay Medical/Dental/Vision 2 weeks of PTO, 9 Paid Holidays 401k participation Career advancement opportunities
If you are interested and possess the necessary skills and background, please visit our careers page and apply.