At PlumChoice, our team is revolutionizing the technology services industry. We are delivering more efficient, responsive and innovative technology solutions for our clients’ businesses to succeed. We value innovation, initiative and a collaborative style, and are looking for highly talented people who want to join an exciting high-growth company and be part of building the future.
The Desktop Engineer manages the design, implementation and support of the desktop environment, which includes Windows workstations, laptops, mobile devices, and Wyse thin clients. Responsibilities include defining hardware standards, engineering and securing the standard desktop platform, product and system lifecycle management, end point protection, and implementation and management of enterprise wide desktop back up strategy.
This position primarily assists with the overall design, plan, delivery and maintenance of the corporate desktop environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Establish desktop acquisition, deployment, and management standards;
- Create and maintain a hardware independent imaging strategy to rapidly deploy and/or restore desktop environments;
- Manage corporate desktop anti-virus and malware strategy;
- Design a corporate endpoint solution ensuring file and data integrity for corporate desktops;
- Manage all desktop vendor relationships including warranty management and service engagements;
- Minimum 7 years’ experience installing and supporting hardware peripheral, software, applications, and operating systems in a Microsoft Windows Enterprise Environment;
- Minimum 7 years’ customer support experience supporting a diverse customer base including C-level executives;
- Expert supporting Windows operating systems, as well as Microsoft based applications such as Office 2007, Office 2010, MS-Project and Visio;
- Proven experience troubleshooting and resolving issues related to Active Directory and Exchange;
- Proven experience with clonezilla, acronis, or ghost backup and imaging systems.
- Proven experience troubleshooting and enhancing desktop security and configuration management through Group Policy Objects (GPO) as well as the ability to create custom policies;
- Must have experience supporting desktop virtualization technologies such as Citrix XenDesktop and XenApp;
- Extensive experience troubleshooting windows registry and file system problems;
- A solid understanding of networking concepts and technologies including: Ethernet, TCP/IP, DNS, firewalls, VPN, load balancing, and DHCP are required;
- Must have deep mastery of laptop tools and deployment experience with the ability to perform break/fix operations. Dell and/or Lenovo experience a plus;
- Candidate must be fluent in creating batch files using command line and scripting with PowerShell and VBscript.
- Knowledge of Linux OS a plus.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team setting as well as independently;
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of associates in the organization;
- Proven ability to drive a project to completion;
ADA DISCLAIMER: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience
- Certifications in A+ , and Microsoft (MCITP, MSCE, etc.) preferred
PlumChoice, Inc. - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -