Tractor Supply Company (TSCO) is the largest operator of retail farm and ranch stores in the United States. We presently have more than 1,100 TSC stores in 45 states and an e-commerce website at TractorSupply.com. We are a growth company and research indicates we have an opportunity to grow to 2,100 domestic Tractor Supply store locations. It is very exciting to be a part of this $4 billion organization.
Information Systems Professionals who thrive on challenge and who earn their teammates' respect are discovering exciting new careers at Tractor Supply Company. Not only do we offer a bright future with a stable and growing $4+ billion company, Tractor Supply offers the opportunity to be part of an enthusiastic team that is growing professionally. With brand new offices for IT in Brentwood (Nashville) Tennessee, and new projects underway and planned, this is the time to check out Tractor Supply. As the largest operator of retail farm and ranch stores in the United States, we are dedicated to values that support the needs of those who live the life "out here".
Tractor Supply Company offers an attractive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD, STD insurances, matched 401(k), discounted stock purchase opportunity, holiday pay, vacation, personal and sick days and more.
Desktop Engineers! Have you advanced your career to become the subject matter expert for the desktop environment of a large distributed environment? Would you get excited about researching, evaluating and recommending technical solutions for a 1,200 device desktop environment including virtual desktops? You will also be the go-to person for complex recurring issues and also for executive desktop support. If you have expertise in scripting, Group Policy, Active Directory management and virtual desktop technologies, and enjoy mentoring desktop support technicians, you could be our ideal candidate!
This position is responsible for design and change decisions for the desktop environment. The Deskside Engineer manages desktop solutions from the operating system up to and including the desktop applications. Their work involves researching, evaluating, building, testing, integrating, and deploying solutions that effectively maintain the end-users computing needs.
- Design desktop environments based on varying criteria such as machine type, software, peripheral hardware, security, network, and support.
- Create OS images/builds that can then utilize rapid deployment methods and employ industry best practices.
- Develop application packaging (e.g. OS, patches, applications, scripts, Group Policy Objects, programs, utilities, and hot fixes), certification testing, and distribution across desktop environment.
- Serve as subject matter experts for all facets of end-user computers and therefore provide critical support, mentoring, and supervisory guidance to the IT Service Desk.
- Contribute in collaboration meetings with IT technical leaders to build future desktop solutions that are compatible with systems needs.
- Identify and resolve problems with desktop software applications and systems management software distribution. Manage failed deployments.
- Guard the desktop environment by evaluating and determining how to react to software industry security alerts; using best judgment based on experience, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques to select, build and deploy timely security packages.
- Manage and maintain system and platform configuration tools and enforce Active Directory policy and configuration standards across the desktop environment.
- Manage and maintain servers used to support desktop system and platform configuration tools.
- Conduct research on technical products, services, protocols, and standards to influence and set strategic and tactical direction.
- Create accurate documentation in the form of user instructions, PowerPoint presentations, and other reference materials.
- Performs other duties as assigned by a supervisor.
Education and Experience:
- Degree in the field of computer science, information systems with at least 3 years related experience, and/or 5 or more years equivalent related work experience.
- At least 2 years experience working in a high call volume, time sensitive support environment for a large company, supporting users in Windows XP/7 at a minimum of a Tier II level. Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- At least 2 years experience managing a desktop environment deploying packages using software management tools (i.e. DSM/Enteo, SMS, WSUS, Tivoli, HP Open View/Radia)
- At least 2 years experience with Windows 2003 and SQL 2005 Server or above configuration and administration
- At least 2 years experience in Active Directory (Group Policy Objects), windows/networking configuration and administration.
- At least 2 years experience in scripting (VBScript, batch files, InstallScript, Wise Script, etc.)
- Experience administering Service Desk software especially Remedy is preferred.
- MCP working towards an MCSE is preferred.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Self motivated with a thorough understanding of Windows Installer technology, application packaging, authoring and MSI editing (such as DSM, Wyse, InstallShield and the SMS installer).
- Proven experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques is required.
- Proven customer service skills.
- Good written, oral, interpersonal, and presentational skills.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language is required.
- Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
- Some travel may be required for the purpose of off-site software and system applications management.
Tractor Supply Company - 2 years ago
At Tractor Supply Company we’re much more than tractors. We’re a team of passionate individuals dedicated to the rural...