The Desktop Solutions Manager manages, plans and supervises the activities and functions of the Desktop Solutions Group. This includes ensuring desktop application development project resources and tasks are managed and completed within project constraints. The Desktop Solutions Manager determines, documents and communicates desktop application standards for the facility; coordinates and oversees the activities of staff assigned to the development and delivery of training programs for system users; and coordinates and supervises the activities of staff assigned to support desktop components and applications, hardware configurations and connectivity procedures. The Desktop Solutions Manager also manages, negotiates and implements corporate licensing procedures for desktop applications, prepares annual operating, capital budgets and participates in departmental customer service programs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Manages, plans and reviews the activities and functions of the Desktop Support Group; ensures project resources and tasks are managed and completed within the project constraints; supervises and coordinates user-training programs in desktop application; works with clinical and financial application groups in the development and delivery of user training plans for non-desktop applications.
2. Determines, publishes and communicates desktop application standards for the facility; develops measurement tools for the various training programs in desktop and non-desktop application; develops and monitors Service Desk performance measurement tools.
3. Determines, negotiates and implements licensing for desktop applications and products; negotiates with vendors for the acquisition of desktop components, following established processes and procedures.
4. Prepares annual operating expense and capital budgets for the Desktop Solutions Group.
5. Oversees the technical and operational training of the Desktop Solutions staff; provides ongoing supervision and direction to the staff.
Qualifications: Associates degree in Computer Science or equivalent field of study required. Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science or equivalent field of study preferred. Minimum of five (5) years experience in managing help desk, training and desktop support functions required.
BryanLGH Medical Center - 22 months ago