The Desktop Support Administrator is responsible for the effective purchasing, receiving, inventorying, installation/configuration, imaging, operation, and maintenance of all laptops and desktops. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the end user workspace. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, and partners.
This individual will thoroughly test all Windows and 3rd Party updates accordingly deploying a user acceptance test to a select group of local field employees to ensure change management policies and procedures are followed. This individual will maintain relations with vendors to ensure equipment is received within the correct time frame and cost of equipment is within set budget.
The Desktop Support Administrator is accountable for the inventory of all laptops and desktops as well as maintaining a customer satisfaction level within the departmental defined KPIs. This individual will also be accountable for the deployment of all laptops/desktops in a timely manner to meet the company’s growth goals.
• Purchase all computer equipment as necessary to keep inventory levels at an appropriate level.
• Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures for laptops/desktops.
• Perform system imaging and development new/innovative standards for the imaging process.
• Contribute to and maintain system standards.
• Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for desktop administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
Operations and Support
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all desktops and laptops in the organization.
• Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
• Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
• Maintain a high level of customer service and satisfaction for all service tickets.
• Provide support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
• Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
• Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis. Configure / add new services as necessary.
• Provide patch management to ensure updates will not hinder the end users ability to work.
• Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
• Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
• Responsible to instill company values: respect, integrity, safety, expertise, unity and positive energy in the day-to-day operations to create a professional and productive workplace.
• This position is on an on-call rotation.
- Training Opportunities
- Paid Time Off Plans
- Medical Benefits; including No Cost Option
- Future growth opportunities and movement within company
- Exciting and challenging work environment!
• High School Diploma and 2-3 years of Technical Support/System Deployment experience.
• CompTIA A+ and MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator for Windows 7 preferred
• Working and technical knowledge of Windows 7
• Working and technical knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010
• Working and technical knowledge of Adobe Products
• Previous experience with Windows InTune or SCCM a plus
Position deals with a variety of problems and sometime has to decide which answer is best. The question/issues are typically clear and requires determination of which answer (from a few choices) is the best.
Decisions normally have a noticeable effect department-wide and company-wide, and judgment errors can typically require one to two weeks to correct or reverse.
Interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people; regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving rather complex issues. May resolve problems within established practices.
Provides occasional guidance, some of which is technical
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL EFFORT:
1. Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
2. No regular travel required.
3. The ability to lift 50+ lbs at times.
4. Must be available to work nights/weekends as required.
United Allergy Services - 9 months ago